For one of our clients in Finland, we are currently looking for an Experienced Commissioning Leader to support the finalization of the commissioning works on a major nuclear new build project. This is an initial 1 year contract with a possible extension to be based on site.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
In this position the Commissioning Manager Deputy can expect to perform the following duties in support of the Commissioning Manager:
- Overall organization, scheduling, and coordination for the Plant Pre-operational Tests and Commissioning activities,
- Overall Plant Test Program taking into account the NI and TI overall Test Program,
- Overall management of plant Performance Test and Demonstration Run,
- Daily coordination of Commissioning activities
- Preparation for and participation in the meetings of the Site Start-up Committee.
- Ensuring strict observance of the commissioning documents, commissioning manual requirements, and Overall Time Schedule,
- Approval of documents and reports issued by the NI Commissioning Group,
- Interfaces management and liaisons with the Owner for all Plant Pre-operational Tests and Commissioning matters.
- Organizing the preparation of commissioning report for the utility and the regulator review in Site Testing Committee and answers to the questions from utility and the regulator,
- Develop resource requirements to support the Commissioning activities schedule.
- Validation of personnel qualification evaluation and proposed authorization to Commissioning Engineers,
- Participation in preparation, review, and updating of Commissioning Manual and other management procedures,
- Preparing and updating organization and management procedures,
- Coordination and organization with other project departments and teams concerning the scope and schedule of commissioning activities, and associated interfaces management,
- Additional tasks and responsibilities could be added at a later stage when needed including technical and/or operational functions.
- Engineering degree required in one of the following disciplines: Nuclear or Mechanical,
- 10-15 yrs Nuclear plant/ industry experience required,
- Knowledge Requirements: PWR basics (systems, basic equipment technology, I&C methods, nuclear safety and accident analysis, plant transients, plant operations), basic nuclear and reactor physics, thermo hydraulics, PWR chemistry and radio-chemistry,
- Experience in Test and Commissioning: Equivalent to the commissioning of PWR unit or at least 2 years experiences participation to testing, commissioning, or re-commissioning after refuelling on a PWR in an operational position, and
- Competences for determining adequacy of overall test phase programs and scheduling.
- International project management experience,
- Knowledge of and experience with nuclear power plant licensing.