For a well known client operating in Belgium, we are currently looking for a Design Engineer (Technical Specialist). This is a contract position to be based in Brussels.
Within a project team under the functional leadership of the Project Manager, the Design Engineer (Technical Specialist) is responsible for completing the engineering assignment within his/her field of expertise.
- To draft and adhere to design service schedules and predictions.
- To establish design principles and dimensions for installations/equipment/structures.
- To collaborate with the Owner and the other designers in developing the project design.
- To issue instructions to the design and calculation team.
- To check the creation and progress of any graphic materials and any measurement overviews.
- To ensure the drafting and editing of any Design Notes, Drafts, Specifications, Technical Specifications and Briefs etc.
- To draft cost estimates for the works under consideration.
- To analyse the offers submitted by the Bidders.
- To verify the completion documents (analysis, brief).
- To inspect equipment and the completed works at the plant and on site.
- To comply with and enforce compliance with the Health/Safety guidelines set out in the Project Safety Plan.
- Mechanical Engineering experience;
- Working knowledge of English and French/Dutch languages;
- Interest in design, manufacturing and site operation activities;
- Ability to draft reports, synthesis, calculation note and Technical Requisition File documents;
- Knowledge of mechanical technology (pumps and valves) & standards, materials, manufacturing, maintenance and obsolescence issue;
- Methodical, accurate, organized, solution minded with team-player skills;
- Good computer skills (excel, access, …);
- Ready to work abroad for short or long missions