Would you like to be at the heart of developing the new generation of nuclear reactors?
We are supporting our partner – Moltex Energy – in seeking a Development Engineer to join their growing team in their efforts to contribute and respond to the world’s critical necessity of clean energy. They have the technology to transform the energy landscape, ushering in a new age of clean, low-cost energy for all.
You will support the development engineering team in the design, procurement, operation and maintenance of laboratory experimental platforms used in the development of Moltex’s Stable Salt Reactor (SSR). You will work closely with other Moltex team members. This job requires effective working relationships with internal and external teams, including neutronics, molten salt chemistry, materials science and manufacturing.
What Moltex offers…
Moltex boasts a diverse team of professionals collaborating daily across time zones. For those on board, it is going to be a challenging and rewarding journey. The office is in Birchwood, Warrington with various nearby amenities. Moltex employees have access to a full range of benefits including:
* Learning and development resources
* Excellent growth opportunities
* 25 days annual leave
* 8 statutory holidays
* Company pension scheme with options
* Free, secure onsite parking
* Close to travel networks and within walking distance of Birchwood station
You will support the design and development of SSR components from concept to final production versions. You will:
* Lead the mechanical design of experimental lab rigs
* Support development engineers in the development of SSR components
* Aid in the progression of identified R&D programmes
* Liaise with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of products and services in support of R&D programmes
* Contribute to the technical assessment and management of subcontractors
* Provide regular progress reports
Skills, qualifications & experience
* Degree qualified mechanical engineer, or similar
* Broad science and engineering appreciation with the demonstrable ability to understand other disciplines and effectively apply this to development and design work * Experience using CAD packages for mechanical design
* A good understanding of the principles of solid mechanics, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics
* Experience designing, constructing and operating experimental rigs as well as managing the resulting data effectively
* Knowledge of the principles of nuclear reactor design
* Experience using and applying CFD and FEA software packages
Behavioural skills & personality
* Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment * Excellent team worker and an effective communicator * A curious and practical problem-solver individual
Moltex is an equal opportunity employer. Moltex prides itself in having a team that promotes diversity, inclusion, leadership, mindfulness, high initiative, energy and passion.
For more information about the role and organisation please click the “Apply for this position” or contact Daria Farcas at firstname.lastname@example.org
6+ years’ experience in international technical recruitment. Enjoy working on senior level technical roles that prove challenging to fill. Specialized in the nuclear industry – new build projects, having a particular interest in advanced nuclear technology. Focused on building strong relationships with candidates and clients to ensure a positive candidate experience and effective account management.
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.