On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Director IV&V. This is a permanent position to be based in Corvallis, OR. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Director of Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V) will provide technical and managerial leadership for the IV&V organization.
This position will ensure IV&V collaboration with I&C, IT, QA, Regulatory Affairs and other departments as needed to plan and execute the IV&V program. The IV&V team is tasked with performing IV&V of digital instrumentation and controls software and Boolean logic within Complex Logic Devices for the plant in accordance with procedures. The Director provides for management reviews and external reviews of IV&V work products and interfaces with the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission as required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Ensures an IV&V organizational structure and staff composition that will provide high quality, timely and cost effective IV&V support of the I&C design engineering groups.
- Directs the IV&V organization in the execution of its primary functions. This includes oversight of project plans, staff hiring, organizational budgets, project schedules, team building, conflict resolution, and timely completion of milestones.
- Ensures that the IV&V organization, and its contractors, work effectively with the software configuration engineers and software system engineers to ensure that plant software is acquired, deployed, maintained and operated according to plans and procedures.
- Ensures that the IV&V organization is adequately trained to perform their duties. This includes training as needed to perform verification and validation of safety and non-safety nuclear I&C software, systems, and hardware and providing professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Ensures successful completion of NRC licensing topical reports for the model based design and model-based IV&V methods and tools. This includes responding to NRC RAIs and audits.
- Maintains regular communications with the CTO and other departments (e.g., I&C, IT, QA, PMO) regarding plans, progress, key milestones, issues and problem resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: A minimum of B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of 15 years’ experience as a subject matter expert in IV&V and nuclear related digital I&C is required. Must be able to reveal prior leadership in building IV&V programs as well as have demonstrated experience in management and supervisory skills including; interpersonal communication, motivation of personnel, problem analysis and decision making.
- Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.