Would you like to build your career at an international and innovative organization dedicated to the Net-Zero climate solution?
The purpose of this role is to manage and develop Control, Electrical & Instrumentation technology within an exciting R&D environment. You will manage specific CE&I R&D activities and projects and provide ad hoc support.
The responsibilities are varied:
Key Account Management:
- Act as the focal point for SMEs on site – a skilled expert in the Group for this competence. Leverage a detailed understanding of the operation in the specialist area to identify improvement opportunities.
- Assist technical assessments of projects and provide inputs to the Principal R&D Manager to facilitate project prioritization.
- Support technology assessment exercises for this area of competence and assesses the TRL for projects. Support Asset Management in technical audits. Act as the Urenco expert for this competence’s technology and provide advice to the Head of R&D and the wider Urenco organization.
- Support the identification of new project opportunities for this area of competence. Execute the planning, mobilization and delivery of R&D projects, in line with agreed scope, timeframes, budgets and service levels
- Document and hand over results of R&D projects to customers or other stakeholders. Feed into wider R&D reporting. Manage all project stakeholders and support wider stakeholder management for this competence
Support & Infrastructure:
- Support Commodity team activities and supplier audits.
Capabilities & Knowledge:
- Manage personal development as required to support R&D activities. Facilitate information exchange amongst SMEs in the Group.
- Screen new external technological developments for their relevance and potential application for the respective competence.
- Consider IP that arises from any R&D activities undertaken.
- Support the R&D budget process, providing inputs for respective projects.
- Provide guidance and support to team members in the product line.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Specific know-how and technical skills:
- Understanding of motor drive systems and their application to different types of electric motors
- Familiar with process control system architectures such as SCADA, DCS and PCS
- Awareness and appreciation of electronics, including discrete analogue power electronics, digital electronics and microprocessorbased technology
- Understanding of the design and operating principles of different types of process control instrumentation, such as pressure, temperature, flow and weight measuring instruments
- Commercial and business acumen
- Proficient in English
Masters or equivalent degree in Engineering with specialism in Control/Electrical/Instrumentation. This role is also available for Young Graduates or Junior Professionals who are keen to progress their career.