For a well known client operating in in the United Arab Emirates, we are currently looking for an Effluent Management Specialist. This is a permanent position to be based in the UAE.
Monitor the gaseous and liquid effluent and support operating the Radiation Monitoring System (RMS) as per the regulatory requirements and the Radiation Protection Program to ensure safe and reliable plant operation.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Control the gaseous and liquid effluent release to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and commitment.
- Conduct surveillance, periodic tests, sample and analysis of gaseous and liquid effluent to monitor radioactivity release.
- Validate the verification data of difficult to detect nuclides to allow for reliable monitoring.
- Retain the gaseous and liquid release data to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Operate, inspect and calibrate radioactivity detection equipment such as High Purity Germanium (HPGe), Liquid Scintillation Counter (LSC), Low Level Alpha/Beta Counter to ensure high quality instrumentation.
- Operate and maintain radioactivity counting laboratory to provide safe and reliable analysis environment.
- Operate count room and conduct radio analysis to ensure safe, reliable, and efficient plant operation.
- Calibrate high purity (HP) instrumentation to ensure accurate and reliable operation of equipment.
Training and Qualification
- Comply with identified training needs to develop and enhance necessary technical knowledge and skills.
- Provide training feedback on program effectiveness with evaluation to drive performance improvement of program.
- Endorse strong As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) principles to support plan objectives.
Academic Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree.
- 3 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, develop, and manage the assigned programs for a multi-unit station.
- Understand nuclear power plant design and modification.
- Understand license basis requirement.
- Understand the responsibilities with regard to the plant modification and work control requirements of a nuclear power plant.
- Understand regulatory requirements relative to the modification of a nuclear power plant.
- Knowledge of nuclear power plant modification programs and standards.
- Knowledge of radioactive nuclide analysis and radiation monitoring.
- Knowledge of dose limits and constraints and pathways of off-site dose.
- Respect for Safety & Security
- Trust and Integrity
- Communication Effectiveness (Including English Proficiency)
- Teamwork (Especially Multi-cultural)
- Error Prevention
- Personnel Development
- Effective Partnering
- Performance Improvement