Our client a leading engineering organisation currently managing a major work package on the Hinkley Point C New Build Project are seeing an Electrical Design Manager to be based in the South West of the UK.
The Electrical Design Manager is to administer and manage the project responsibilities of a Design & Engineering Department. Managing design and engineering tasks leading teams and collaborating with suppliers to accomplish the successful timely completion of all contract deliverable’s within the scope of IEG.
- Ensure a Nuclear Safety Culture forms part of the day to day working of the Design & Engineering Department
- To support the development of the Design and Engineering strategy
- Lead the development and implementation of design proposals, ensuring they meet customer requirements, including budget constraints
- Manage and ensure effective briefing of the Design and Engineering Team including Mechanical & Electrical elements.
- This includes the management of any 3rd parties or novated design teams to ensure that they meet all customer specifications
- Lead the development and management of the design and engineering deliverables programme
- Ensure that learning and best practice is captured and deployed where applicable and accepted
- Proactively contribute to the Risk and Value Management
- Working knowledge of NEC3 contract terms and conditions
- Full working knowledge of CDM 2015, designer’s duties and an overall knowledge of site safety
- Experience of extensive cable systems involving significant numbers of cables, the associated volumes of cable containment, complexities of cable segregation and system commissioning
- Deployment and maintenance of quality management systems commensurate with nuclear installations.
- Experience of working in UK nuclear industry.
- Experience of interface management with numerous other project work package contractors
- Management of design subcontractors/consultants
- Use of computer aided cable management systems
- Working collaboratively in a multi-discipline and multinational design team environment
- Working on seismically qualified structures/projects
- Experience of cable related fire prevention systems such as installation of propagation barriers, cable transits and penetration