Our client a leading research organisation are seeking an Electrical Systems Engineer on a permanent basis to deliver complex technical projects from concept to delivery.
This role will be responsible for leading projects, defining electrical system requirements and specifications, generating layout designs and overseeing detailed design drawings for robotic remote handling systems.The role also involves the maintenance and upgrade of existing legacy equipment and managing obsolescence issues. With a focus on developing remote handling systems for the next generations of power stations, this role will support the UK effort to apply novel technologies to all challenging and harsh environments for the protection of people and advancement of industry.
- Producing electrical systems specifications for large complex remote handling systems.
- Producing electrical equipment designs from specifications
- Interpreting regulations and national requirements
- Producing Electrical distribution designs for facilities to appropriate regulations and standards
- Preparing electrical schematics and BOMs for new prototype equipment
- Supports project managers in preparing project bid documentation, estimating cost and timescales
- Managing and coordinating subcontractors, including specifying tasks and tracking performance.
- Approves quality of design work performed by contractors
- Actively maintains knowledge of technical developments in field.
- Assists in future planning of resources and strategy.
- Producing high quality layout designs for equipment enclosures and panels from schematics.
- Maintaining and upgrading legacy plant
- Managing component obsolescence issues.
- Assisting in the testing and commissioning of systems including ensuring compliance of systems with both site and legislated safety requirements.
- Engineering or technology degree, or equivalent experience.
- Extensive engineering design experience and the ability to assess and perform mechatronic design work.
- Knowledge of remote handling systems and remote operations is highly desirable as is knowledge of nuclear. operations and/or petrochemical operations.
- Proven ability to interact efficiently with people in a variety of different situations.
- Experience of maintenance of legacy equipment, reverse engineering where appropriate.
- Ability to deliver complex engineering projects through project lifecycle
- Able to produce high quality work to deadlines.
- Flexible working attitude with the ability to work as an individual or as a team member.
- Able to coach and mentor less experienced staff.
- Ability to design complex mechatronic systems.
- Understanding of governance, H&S and compliance issues.
- Experience of working in a cross functional team.
- Experience of working in a safety dominated working environment.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
- Experience working with mobile robotic or remote handling systems