We are looking for an Engineer, experienced in Power Electricity to work for our client, one of the world’s largest engineering players for energy, water, and infrastructure projects.
You will manage the various aspects relating to electrical power for construction or renovation projects at nuclear power stations, for nuclear and conventional electrical systems.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Take charge of design, renovation and optimization studies for electrical systems, in compliance with local and international standards and regulations
- Set out the ratings of equipment, technical specifications and the general design of electrical systems, including generators, generator protections, generator breakers, power transformers, MV and LV motors, AC and DC electrical boards, DC and Safe AC systems, emergency diesel generating sets, cabling
- As Contract Owner take charge of the invitations to tender, the analysis and technical-commercial negotiation of bids as well as the awarding of contracts for the supply of electrical equipment or services
- Oversee the management of interfaces relating to other technical disciplines or with the customer’s installation
- Conduct a technical-commercial follow-up of contracts
- Take part in factory tests, in the supervision of on-site assembly and in commissioning tests for electrical equipment or systems
- Provide consulting in the field of electrical systems of nuclear generation units.
- Keep an eye on changes on the market, best practices as well as advances in electrical/ nuclear standards and regulatory requirements
- Participate in the improvement of methods used in the electrical engineering field for nuclear generation units
- Master of electrical or electromechanical engineering with a least 5 years’ experience in the electrical field,
- Very good theorical understanding of stationary and transitory electrical laws, deep knowledge of various electrical systems, ageing phenomena’s,etc., able to interpret interactions with mechanical aspects.
- Excellent French OR Dutch language knowledge, and good English skills
- Mobile and open to missions abroad (short or medium-term).
- Required attestations: BA4 or BA5, and have a VCA certification
Experience with nuclear power electrical systems that include classification and qualification of nuclear safety functions is a plus.