For a well known client operating in the United Arab Emirates, we are currently looking for an Engineering Advisor. This is a full-time position to be based in the UAE.
As the Engineering Advisor, you will be providing in-depth fundamental technical engineering skills, knowledge, technological depth and leadership in support of Strategic Engineering Division activities as assigned by the Director, including strategic planning, complex analyses, standards development, performance analysis, coaching and mentoring.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Act as senior mentor and coach on best practice and standards of people management and the development of key leadership skills with both UAE nationals and wider engineering teams to drive performance and continued development of staff.
- Lead managers and teams through effective coaching and mentoring, advising on how they engage and manage teams, develop staff, drive accountability, close performance gaps and create performance improvement plans.
- Set standards of behaviour, performance and expectation with leadersto successfully develop their staff.
- Guide and support on strategic technical and leadership engineering challenges the teams are facing.
- Develop UAE nationals under the nationalisation program, ensuring the effective transfer of leadership skills.
- Effectively identify and create solutions to critical engineering problems/challenges, leading and guiding managers and teams to drive accountability.
- Possess at least 10 years’ experience in nuclear and leadership/management in other plants/corporate roles
- Possess outstanding self-starter skills, with an open and adaptable leadership approach.
- Excellent ability to adapt and communicate clearly and effectively in a very diverse multicultural environment.
- Possess outstanding coaching and leadership skills to build the next generation of engineering leaders, guiding on team collaboration, delivery of feedback on performance and performance improvement requirements.
- Possess some experience in nuclear new build environment