A permanent opportunity working in the South West of the UK on a Major Nuclear New Build project.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Engineering and Assurance Manager to work as part of the Safety, Licensing and Quality team based in the South West. This position involves managing the assessment of the technical delivery of SSHEQ aspects of the projects design. This will mean undertaking independent review of safety and BAT cases, along with audit and inspection of design activities.
- Developing a close working relationship across the business to ensure that independent assessment objectives and activities are understood, supported, efficient and effective.
- Management and development of any assigned team members.
- Management and delivery of independent reviews of documents affecting Nuclear Safety or Environmental Protection, and other SSHEQ aspects.
- Direction and control of independent assessment to ensure SSHEQ aspects of business strategy is implemented
- Specification, management and undertaking of independent assessment of the design from a SSHEQ perspective
- Ensuring that programmes of audits and inspections for independent assessment are developed, maintained, coordinated and coherent
- Ensuring effective reporting on progress on and outcomes of independent assessment activities
- Graduate degree in relevant discipline
- Chartered membership of an appropriate engineering or scientific institute
- Previous experience as an Engineering or Technical Manager in the Nuclear Industry
- A well-rounded view on and proven experience of nuclear safety cases and management of nuclear safety within a project environment
- Good understanding of UK nuclear legislation and international guidance
- Working knowledge of the practices of the Office for Nuclear Regulation and other regulators
- Is credible and influential, with ability to build productive and collaborative relationships at all levels and to ensure delivery through and with others
- Ability to build and develop organisational capability with the function and team, inspiring and ensuring a high performing team of professionals
- Demonstrate sound judgement and decision making
- Demonstrate consistently high leadership standards
- A sound understanding of the environmental aspects associated with nuclear reactor technologies