Our client, a major international organisation are seeking a highly experienced individual to lead the engineering delivery of a major new build project.
To lead the development and delivery of the engineering programme for the new build programme, including the definition of design requirements, design management and control, appointment and management of the Responsible Designer, design acceptance, development and management of the safety case, construction planning.
- Prepare and implement the design and engineering management handbook, detailing the internal operational procedures, engineering and technical standards and decision-making framework for controlling and assuring the development of the power station design.
- Define the design and engineering development programme, to include the interfaces with the master programme and the roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders.
- Direct implementation of the design and engineering programme to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery in accordance with the master schedule.
- Develop and implement the capability development plan for Engineering, in conjunction with the overall plan, to ensure the developer acts as an Intelligent Customer. The plan must detail the process, systems and people requirements and the plan for acquiring them.
- Develop and implement a design acceptance and decision framework and procedure to ensure effective control and assurance of decisions impacting the design and cost of the power station.
- Define and manage the process for appointing the Responsible Designer, direct the definition of the work programme, and oversee delivery including contract management and regular performance reviews
- Develop and maintain the overall safety case for power station.
- Formulate the departmental annual work plan and budget as part of the overall annual plan and departmental staff performance appraisal.
- Leadership of the Engineering team, including performance management, training and development
- Maintain a technical and engineering risk register and develop and implement mitigation plans to ensure risks remain at a tolerable level.
- Act as a member of the Executive Team with common responsibility for the success of the programme as a whole, ensuring efficient management of interfaces with other departments.
- Approve departmental monthly work report.
To be minimally qualified for this role, a candidate must have:
- Excellent communication skills.
- NPP project engineering management experience.
- Understanding of the UK regulatory framework and engineering practices within the UK nuclear industry.
- Proven experience of working in a project environment, requiring close collaboration with other departments and functions.
- Experience of working in a multi-culture, international environment.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative.
- Sound judgement and decision-making.
- Good knowledge of or ability to learn UK laws and regulations system.