Protecting current and future generations is at the heart of RWM’s mission to deliver a geological disposal facility and provide radioactive waste management solutions.
RWM has an exciting opportunity for an Engineer to join them at a critical stage in the geological disposal facility implementation process, which presents an excellent opportunity to help shape their forward plans.
The position would suit engineering backgrounds established within a number of different industries such as nuclear, radioactive waste management, tunneling, mining, construction, infrastructure, systems engineering or high-hazard industry backgrounds.
The engineering team support all aspects of RWM’s mission and are responsible for developing and implementing engineering aspects of the geological disposal technical programme, producing safety integrated geological disposal facility and transport design solutions.
The engineering team supports the geological disposal facility site evaluation process by providing both engineering feasibility and design information to inform siting decisions and permissioning. The engineering team also supports the development of safe radioactive waste packaging solutions across the UK nuclear industry by leading the engineering aspects of the disposability assessment process.
• Intelligent Client for engineering design services.
• Design Authority for appropriate aspects of GDF design and management of supply change interface.
• Development of engineering solutions including project management of work packages, where appropriate.
• Champion a systems engineering approach to deliver development of safe engineered solutions from the supply chain.
• Strategy, risk management and programme development.
• Degree level qualifications or suitable equivalent
• Chartered membership of relevant professional institution or working towards Chartered status.
• Experience of systems engineering and management of contracts for safety integrated engineering design development.
• Understanding of aspects of geological disposal facility and / or transport system within own technical discipline.
• Ability to represent RWM in regulatory, commercial, professional and stakeholder environments.
Thomas Thor Associates is a consulting and recruitment organisation providing services to the global nuclear sector. We represent nuclear industry experts and provide nuclear jobs to our clients for either freelance contract assignments or permanent staff positions.> LinkedIn
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.