For one of our clients, a nuclear new build company based in South West of UK, we are looking for an experienced Engineering manager with previous project related experience.
- Managing engineering solutions in compliance with UK legal requirements.
- Establishing, maintaining and communicating the engineering design programme, budget and work breakdown.
- Identifying a comprehensive resource requirement for the engineering design of the project-to-budgetary targets.
- Ensuring project personnel undertaking engineering design duties meet the requirement to be suitably qualified and experienced persons.
- Coordinating engineering input into the project management and quality plan.
- Integrating and coordinating the engineering design activities of all disciplines, departments and other suppliers of engineering design contributing to the project.
- Ensuring that all technical and design risks are identified and appropriately managed to meet project requirements.
- Ensuring design information requirements are coordinated and communicated to relevant parties.
- Monitoring and reporting to relevant parties the quality of engineering across all disciplines
- Ensuring timely documentation for all necessary approvals (including any required from external authorities).
- Ensuring company requirements are incorporated into the design process including safety, quality, environmental, security and health.
- Ensuring that designs are compliant with statutory requirements.
- Leading the Engineering team and introducing best practice into engineering design and management delivery.
- Assisting overall project delivery by the team.
- Assisting continuous improvement of safety and programme.
- Assisting staff development.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with other authorities and organisations.
- Supporting development of directorate policy and strategy.
- Ensuring understanding and application of the company’s environment, health, safety, security and quality standards.
- Relevant degree in an engineering discipline and ideally Chartered status
- Previous Project management experience and/or qualification
- Multidisciplinary Engineering management experience, including design compliance to UK legislation
- Good understanding of technical standards and regulatory requirements within the UK nuclear industry
- Understanding the influences of design and operation on the installation, commissioning and maintenance requirements of a regulated site
- Experience with CDM regulations from the design perspective
- Good technical and management skills, including problem solving and decision making
- Strong communication skills , including aptitude for report, documentation and letter writing
- Ability to obtain UK Security Clearance
- Willingness to travel
- Experience working with nuclear regulatory bodies and other external stakeholders would be a strong advantage