Our client, a global Nuclear organization based in the MENA region offers a rare opportunity to embark on a nuclear New-Build program whilst taking inspiration from best-practices from nuclear sites around the world.
Reporting directly into the Chief Executive Officer, the Enterprise Chief Nuclear Operations Officer will lead the organisations corporate operations oversight and assurance, playing a critical role in strategy formation and rollout to align with organisational objectives.
Successful impact within the first 12 months of your employment will include the establishment of the philosophy of the CNO organisation, the design, development and management of a successful and high performing department and a robust operational strategy. This is a three to five year executive opportunity.
- Strategic oversight and governance of all operations across key areas including Health, Safety & Environment, Plant Performance, Management Systems and Quality Assurance, Fuel, Radioactive Waste and Disposal.
- Work closely with the CEO from a strategic advisory position to ensure the organisational objectives are being met to agreed timelines and standards.
- Act as the key interface with internal and external stakeholders including the board of directors, senior management, as act as key external stakeholder representative for IAEA and WANO to ensure regulatory obligations are being met.
- Guide and support the operational leadership team in their objectives, influencing and guiding key stakeholders to ensure the achievement of strategic operational goals.
- Provide oversight, assurance and guidance across all aspects of Safety and Operations of the plant.
- Ensure a robust knowledge transfer and coaching programme is established for the ECNO function in the coming 3-5 years.
- People Management and leadership of a team of 100+.
- Support the CEO in the design and implementation of the organisations strategy across areas including construction, completion and transition, governance assurance and oversight of nuclear operations, management and adherence to regulatory expectations, ensuring strategic alignment with global partners.
- Work closely with the executive team to support the successful advancement of the organisations Safety and Operational goals.
You will be an inspirational leader who is influential, results focused, strategic and an effective business partner and advisor at executive level.
- Minimum of 15 years in nuclear operations or nuclear generation portfolio management across areas including Quality Assurance, Oversight, Governance, Regulatory Stakeholder Management, Strategic Leadership, Safety, Operations, Engineering, Regulatory Affairs, Training/Coaching, Planning, Maintenance, Rad Waste & Disposal and Licensing.
- Strategic and visionary leader who will ensure the prioritisation of mentorship and knowledge transfer to ensure outstanding succession planning of the leadership team.
- A highly collaborative leader with excellent communication and negotiation skills at management and board level to influence the strategic direction that will enable the successful delivery of organisational objectives.
- Act as the key Leadership Interface with all external stakeholders and regulatory organisations to ensure expectations and standards are being met and exceeded.
- Possess outstanding capability and experience in other nuclear organisations with strategic/oversight and assurance leadership capability as well as a key focus on operations and safety.
- You will have a relevant degree in Engineering or related disciplines and ideally a master’s degree in Nuclear Engineering or Business Administration.