Our client, a Major Organisation within the Nuclear Industry, are currently seeking an Environmental Permitting Specialist to join their team in the South West, on a permanent basis.
The Environmental Permitting Specialist provide expertise and support in the development of the clients’ environmental permitting requirements and environmental permit application, ensuring it is in line with UK environmental permitting requirements for large-scale construction (or operational) activities.
- Work with and support the Technical Lead Permitting to ensure the environmental permits are developed with due regard to current and emerging guidance and environmental principles.
- Provide support on the production of Water Discharge Environmental permit application (for enabling and construction works).
- Support in developing and maintaining the working relationship with the clients’ technical community in the engineering department and the supply chain where required, to ensure successful delivery of underpinning technical work.
- Support in drafting work specifications for other departments and suppliers for the provision of task based work and the seconding of SQEP resources, as required.
- Undertake environmental auditing for the company’s ISO 14001 certified EMS.
- Support the Technical Lead Permitting in developing environmental permit training requirements for the client and deliver training as required.
- Assist the client in the development of assurance processes and procedures.
- Holds a graduate degree or equivalent qualification in a suitable engineering or science subject.
- Demonstrates a track record of success, achievement and learning in career to date, adding value within relevant positions.
- Good understanding of the environmental permitting regulations as they apply to large scale construction projects and nuclear projects.
- Experience of Radioactive Substances Regulation.
- Demonstrates effective planning, prioritisation and delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to build productive and collaborative relationships with diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Evidence of using judgement and initiative to benefit business and individual performance.
- Ability to learn, adapt and thrive, delivering value in a changing and evolving organisation.
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours aligned to the clients’ values.
- Flexibility and mobility to undertake business travel as required.
- Holds professional membership of an appropriate institution