Radioactive Waste Management is an organisation with the vision to create a safer future by managing radioactive waste effectively, to protect people and the environment. Their mission is to deliver a geological disposal facility and provide radioactive waste management solutions by using over 30 years of research and development, cutting edge science, technology and collaborating with partners around the world.
The role will be responsible for financial planning, budgeting, the provision of management accounting and performance reporting. You will lead on the production of directorate annual budgets, all financial aspects of the work programme and inputs to the Life Time Plan.
You will provide an effective management accounting and reporting function for selected directorate and support RWM in meeting critical business targets and to provide accurate financial information.
• Support the maintenance and development of RWM’s financial system to ensure it provides timely, accurate and meaningful information in a manner which meets the requirements of RWM.
• Proactively engage with functional leads and project managers to determine the value of work done and expenditure forecasts, identify emerging performance trends and any required interventions. Make recommendations to the Delivery and Programme Boards
• Responsible for maintaining cost models designed to support the invoicing of chargeable disposability assessment work and the allocation of costs based on staff time booking
• Responsible for maintaining the integrity of financial data as reported in the management accounts, and for meeting the legal requirements for financial reporting and any other standards that may be required by NDA or government
• Support the development of business cases and provide the commercial and procurement team with insight into the financial standing of key and prospective supply chain partners
• Prepare journals whilst ensuring an appropriate audit trail, support the preparation of financial inputs to the monthly performance reporting and quarterly performance review processes
• Monitor progress and analyse variances against budget. Proactively communicate with managers to ensure optimal use of available funding, and to ensure regular and robust forecasts of full year out turn
• Prepare the annual Research & Development Statutory Return and co-ordinate the preparation of the annual insurance renewal questionnaire
Thomas Thor Associates is a consulting and recruitment organisation providing services to the global nuclear sector. We represent nuclear industry experts and provide nuclear jobs to our clients for either freelance contract assignments or permanent staff positions.> LinkedIn
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.