Are you ready to start a new challenge that will bring you to an international team keen to expand and share their knowledge of nuclear technology? This one-year mission (extendable every year) will bring you to Brussels, working for one of the most invested Belgian players in the energy sector.
As part of the HVAC & Fire Department, you would support a variety of projects in the nuclear industry. Both junior and senior experts in Fire Engineering and Fire Safety would be welcome.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
As a member of a team, in charge of the following activities in close relation with the Project Managers, the Fire Experts, and the Client:
- Realize feasibility studies, design studies, modification studies of Fire Safety installations following applicable regulations and standards;
- Realize diagnostics and audits of Fire Safety installations;
- Lead Fire risk analysis following applicable regulations and standards or in house methodologies;
- Lead analysis following applicable methods and determine suitable and pragmatic recommendations that cope with the Project and Client’s objectives/constraints;
- Realize Fire risk analysis by the definition of the scenario and assumptions, choice of the correct model, collection and implementation of the data into the model, calculations, analysis of the results, drafting the synthesis;
- Validate the coherence between the required and existing fire protection/detection means;
- Include requirements from other competence centers, project safety referential, unit safety report, insurer, codes, norms, standards and regulations;
- Check study compliance with on-site situation (walk-downs), include the Return of Experience and draft the reports (high quality level);
- Determine and recommend suitable on site adaptations (protection/detection means);
- Present and share analysis with the Client;
- Manage interfaces and ensure an efficient communication between the different stakeholders;
- Coaching of junior engineers and follow-up of sub-contracted studies/simulations;
- Ensure budget, planning and scope of the studies are compliant with the project requirements;
- Assist the Project Manager and the Client in meetings and technical discussions with the Safety Authorities.
- Relevant experience in Fire engineering (design of Fire Safety installations and Fire risk analysis);
- Fluency in Dutch or French and English;
- Knowledge about internal explosion hazards (sources, effects, mitigation) is welcome
- Good computer and data process skills;
- Ability to draft reports, technical papers, and synthesis documents;
- Inquiring and critical mind, dynamic, rigorous, pragmatic, team-player;
- Capacity to assume responsibilities, to take initiative, coach/follow-up people and able to work autonomously;
- Team player and capacity to develop personal contacts, good listener, and communicator.