Our client a major organisation within the Nuclear Industry are seeking a Fuel Cycle Engineer to be based in the South West for a permanent opportunity working on a Major Nuclear New Build Project.
The purpose of the role is to support the Lead Fuel & Core Physics Engineer in the delegated nuclear technology subjects associated with the site specific design phase through to plant construction and operations. The post holder may also manage framework contracts and support production of nuclear related studies.
- Support the Lead Fuel and Core Physics Engineer, as a core member of the Design Authority Team, in the delivery of business plan related targets
- Perform nuclear engineering analysis, assessment and review activities as required.
- Contribute to the nuclear engineering design programme.
- Ensure that the nuclear technology design is compatible with the Safety Case.
- With the support of senior team members, Identify, document and manage nuclear technology design team interfaces.
- Carry out optioneering on assigned nuclear technology design aspects of the project.
- At an individual level, manage and apply safe systems of work, with due regard for all Health and Safety legislation and best practices.
- Deliver a nuclear engineering design that complies with the requirements of the clients Safety and Environmental Principles.
- Ensure that the nuclear safety standards demanded by the site licence requirements/safety case are met in the delivery of the assigned nuclear engineering activities/ tasks.
- Implement Quality procedures relevant to assigned work.
- Work with suppliers to ensure licensing and permitting requirements are met as required.
- First degree in engineering or physics or appropriate equivalent.
- Working towards Chartership status, or hold a corporate membership of a relevant professional body/institution. Or equivalent.
- Demonstrates a track record of success, achievement and learning in career to date, adding value within relevant positions.
- Appropriate level of relevant professional experience.
- Ability to learn, adapt and thrive, delivering value in a changing and evolving organisation.
- Flexibility and mobility to undertake business travel as required.
- Experience of working in a highly-regulated industry.
- Experience of managing and co-ordinating assigned activities and projects. Some experience coordinating activities and output of other engineers/ scientists.
- Experience of obtaining formal acceptance of design output.
- Experience of nuclear engineering construction/installation techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of relevant national and international design codes and standards.
- Nuclear industry sector knowledge; Safety Assessment Principles and Site Licence conditions.
- Understanding of the relationship between Design and the Safety Case.
- Construction, installation, commissioning and maintenance practices/requirements in the context of Regulatory scrutiny on a nuclear site.
- Able to produce technical specifications for work.
- Knowledge of producing design analysis, assessment, substantiation documents