This organisation is an international energy developer and leader in renewables power generation, specialising in full life cycle management of mid-sized projects from design and construction, through to operations and maintenance. With a vision to bring low-cost clean power global and create a world class legacy that is impactful and meaningful for a low carbon future for future generations, this organization has projects across multiple countries and development plans in 10 markets. It now wants to transition to a new growth stage and has newly developed its own proprietary solar deployment innovations, to ensure it future competitiveness.
You will manage all funding activities including debt/equity fund raising, development of funding models, project finance and leading global financial deal closures on new projects, as well as ensuring the successful structuring of deals to maximise profitability.
Report to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be effective in your ownership of the following result areas:
- Design a robust global funding strategy for the organisation, overseeing the end-to-end funding process, as well as the identification of strategic growth mapping of key target markets and project developments.
- Work closely with the Chief Executive Officer to ensure successful alignment of the project finance model with commercial strategy.
- Act as a key advisor to the executive team on industry norms and standards across the region and beyond, guiding on all aspects of project finance, securities, debt and bond structuring, financial modelling, debt equity ratios and the finalization of financing agreements including derivative instruments to ensure successful outcomes on project negotiations.
- Leveraging key regional/global banking and financial relationships, develop innovative funding programs for both existing and new development investment opportunities.
- Work closely with sales and commercial teams to guide deal negotiations on critical terms and conditions to ensure a successful and profitable outcome.
- Work with financial partners across the region and globally to identify key co-investors to support project development and acquisition.
- Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure funds are available to meet strategic growth and capital investment goals.
- Use hedging mechanisms to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the
company’s borrowings and revenues, as well as on its foreign exchange positions.
- Develop and maintain international and local banking relationships and negotiate with Banks for lines of credit or other financial instruments as required and appropriate.
- Play a key role in the bidding process on projects to ensure the maximization of profitability and the minimization of risk.
- Generate and maintain credit rating agency relationships.
- Oversee the funding function and lead and develop the team, including mentoring, coaching and career development.
- Achieve key deadlines to maximize opportunities and invest funds judiciously.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- At least 12+ years in a Senior Project Finance role with proven success in the design, bid and closure of profitable project financing deals on major complex projects.
- Experience across all aspects of debt structuring/restructuring, fund raising, debt/equity management, bond financing/refinancing and financial modelling.
- At least 7-8 years’ experience managing project finance activities across the EMEA/MENA region and ideally, globally.
- Have developed well established relationships with major banks and financial / funding institutions across the region to ensure successful outcomes in investment and funding partnerships.
- Possess outstanding ability to manage multiple complex projects at any one time, with superb attention to detail and the ability to manage competing priorities effectively.
- Excellent commercial acumen to drive successful bid outcomes, with the ability to advise on international target markets and choose projects with the highest possible success outcomes through sound decision making and analysis.
- You will be an inspiring leader with the ability to build a highly capable and successful project finance team.
- Possess a degree or master’s qualification in Finance.
- Passionate about supporting the global growth of an international Renewables Leader.
- Thrive in a fast paced, ever-changing environment with proven ability to be highly adaptable and comfortable with change.
To discuss further, please contact Dervila Mahon (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jamie Braddock (email@example.com) for a more detailed discussion.
At least 12+ years in a Senior Project Finance role with proven success in the design, bid and closure of profitable project financing deals on major complex projects.