Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Lead and supervise team members in BCM Governance team, in developing team competency and monitoring the progress toward goals.
- Develop the required market analysis and environmental scanning techniques (Internal and External) to conduct the relevant benchmarking studies and best practices across different sectors.
- Participates in external BCM organizations and keep abreast of industry best practices and emerging trends.
- Support the Head Of Business Continuity and Crisis Management in providing summarised and detailed metrics on Business Resiliency status, readiness, crisis and incident reporting
- Identify and make recommendations for change and adaptation to meet the needs of the business; Support in developing solutions to infrastructure obstacles and business challenges.
- Lead the development and continuous update of fit-for-purpose Co Business Continuity Framework in line with regulatory standards such as NCEMA 7001:2021 and ISO 22301:2019, industry best practices and Co business objectives
- Lead in developing Co’s Business Continuity Management (BCM) system which includes developing business continuity planning tools and templates to guide BCM efforts
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the enterprise-wide business continuity management system including development of tools and instructional guides for both business Continuity planning, development, and facilitation of enterprise-wide, relationship management with external vendors, development of corporate policy, standards, and guidelines.
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining system processes and practices which effectively ensure that the enterprise system remains current and incorporates/aligns with industry standards and practices as appropriate, and adequately covers general regulatory requirements.
- Support the development of Co’s Disaster Recovery Plan for critical activities in coordination with Co’s Business Continuity Committee and Senior Management, appropriately prioritising emergency efforts
- Supports and/or leads processes that support BCM governance requirements as part of the Business Continuity Management System (as assigned).
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Lead the Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and Threat Risk Assessments (TRA) exercise on all Co activities and supporting processes to prepare an Emergency Management Plan, Disaster and Recovery Plans, Crisis Management Plan
- Provide expertise and guide the appropriate integration of requirements and information obtained from various Co business areas.
- Assist in identifying business continuity risks related to all Co activities and ensure they are incorporated into the business continuity framework and addressed
- Consolidate business continuity management system outputs related to all Co activities, challenging, and revising provided information and data, and ensuring allocation of BCM responsibilities
- Liaise with BCM Champions to develop effective working relationships and document business continuity documentations as per the best practice locally and internationally.
- Manage and maintain a structured process to ensure critical business activities, processes and systems can continue operating at a pre-determined minimum level that satisfies Co’s business requirements.
- Provide reporting to demonstrate Co’s status in meeting its regulatory requirements for business continuity and to measure it compliance against local and recognized industry standards.
- Support the Head Of Business Continuity and Crisis Management in providing summarised and detailed metrics on global Business Resiliency status, readiness, crisis and incident reporting
- Report to the BCM/ CM Steering Committee Meeting and define ongoing goals, objectives and initiatives Support senior management in aligning all BC planning, initiatives and goals with Organizational goals and Infrastructure capabilities
- Lead the awareness on BCM system, Planning and conducting periodic awareness sessions across all Co Staff
- Develop the customized training program based on the target audience (Senior Management, BCM Champions, Co Office Staff, Co Control Room Staff etc.) and develop tools to validate the effectiveness of the training program
- Develop and update e-learning module for Business Continuity management system at Co
BCM Stakeholder management/ Collaboration
- Lead the BCM knowledge management system internally and externally including developing the SLAs and MOU with the relevant entities such as government and universities
- Communicate regularly with Department of Energy’s Business Continuity colleagues and relevant external stakeholders (e.g. ADCMC) to ensure all activities align with international business standards, practices and regulatory requirements including NCEMA BCM standards and the BCM Policy for the energy sector
- In a relationship management capacity, provides guidance and direction to an assigned clientele to ensure their business continuity management processes are in accordance with BCM program and quality standards.
- Ensures appropriate integration of requirements and information obtained from various sources; including external regulators and auditors for all jurisdictions.
- Implement all relevant section policies, processes, and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Execute the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international leading practice’ and changes in business environment and leveraging insights. This includes supporting the related change management efforts
- Contribute to the preparation of timely and accurate reports to meet the section requirements, policies and standards
Adhere to Co’s Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) policies, procedures and guidelines