The “Head of Legal Contracts Manager” -will be required to provide dedicated legal & commercial contract support for A Leading International developer with an exclusive focus on “Solar – Land & Floating” in Renewable’s space. Acting as a primary contact between the company & the customers, the jobholder will ensure that all legal and contractual matters relating to complex procurement negotiations are addressed in a timely and efficient manager.
The successful candidate will provide the legal advice on various other types of laws/ contracts -EPC & PPA contracts, major purchase and subcontracts, NDAs, intercompany and JV collaboration agreements etc. The candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to work without supervision and lead contract negotiations, with a good understanding of English contract law.
This position will be based in Dubai & requires “Extensive” travel globally and reporting into the business CEO.
- Reviewing, drafting, amending and/or negotiating commercial contracts including without limitation NDA’s, Supply/Purchase/Distribution/Re-seller arrangements, IP Licenses in line with commercial objectives and targets.
- Assisting the tendering process and in-service projects by providing legal advice, guidance, and support.
- Assisting with Company-wide compliance with necessary and relevant regulatory and compliance initiatives through working with third party specialist service providers and reporting progress and highlighting issues raised by these third parties.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of improvements to Company Legal Framework to meet the Company’s Commercial & Financial Strategy and Direction.
- Work with the CEO & HR Manager by providing legal advice and guidance relating to employment contracts and associated HR issues (via third party legal advisers if necessary).
- Reviewing, proposing, and contributing to commercial policies and procedures.
- Providing as necessary legal and corporate advice to Company Directors (via third party legal advisers if necessary).
- Co-ordinating, monitoring and managing work provided by third party legal advisors (as necessary).
- Assisting in promoting Legal and Commercial awareness to colleagues and educating key members of staff on commercial policy and procedure.
- Undertaking and being responsible for legal and commercial due diligence activities.
- Provide contract overviews & summaries for Project & Customer Care teams.
- Contract filing and records
- Contract’s administration – advice and assistance to internal teams on all contractual/legal matters arising including renewals/termination and change controls
- Handle/lead disputes from or against customers or suppliers
- Periodically design and run training sessions for relevant staff, induction sessions for new starters and generally ensure relevant staff have an appropriate understanding of contractual/legal matter
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Degree in English Law or Business
- Legal/Law Degree and or LPC Qualification is essential
- 8-10 years’ minimum experience in Power sector managing contracts.
- Strong understanding of contract law and good working knowledge of different forms of contract for goods, works and services.
- A paralegal certificate is also considered beneficial
- Ability to convey legal positions as well as clarify ambiguities regards contract clauses
- Knowledge and experience of working within a Procurement environment is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills – able to build relationships and trust within the team and wider business quickly
- Comfortable with drafting legal responses, clauses, and simple agreements
- Ability to negotiate T&Cs with customers without supervision
- Proven ability in resolving non-litigious claims from or against customers and suppliers
- Strong analytical and communication skills (written & oral), drafting skills, negotiation skills and demonstrable commercial awareness.
- Respectful of others
- Able to listen to, support and value colleagues.
- A pro-active approach and willing to drive issues through to conclusion.
- Able to come up with innovative solutions
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships, while exercising sound business judgment.
- A common sense, practical approach, and a willingness to work both in a team and on own initiatives
- Able and willing to take ownership, responsibility, and accountability for work.
- Motivated to seek new knowledge and enjoys continuous learning and knowledge sharing
- Always open, honest, reliable, and trustworthy.
- To always act professionally and appropriately and to raise any issues in a timely manner.
- Motivated to continuously improve performance.
- Open minded – a can do attitude & receptive to change.
- An interest in computing and related technologies