We are seeking a Global Director of Hydrogen to oversee the strategic direction of an entirely new business unit/division, operating at c-suite level across the industry on a global scale with a mandate to build the credibility of our client in their move into Hydrogen.
With a solution already developed, our client requires an executive who can understand the possibilities of the Hydrogen market, and drive the vision with a blue-sky thinking and highly innovative approach.
The role location is flexible, with travel from time to time to Dubai where global headquarters are being established and the executive team will be based.
- Reporting directly into the Chairman, design a robust Hydrogen strategy, overseeing the end-to-end business development process, as well as the identification of strategic growth mapping of key target markets and project development opportunities.
- Travel internationally to develop key relationships, influence potential partners and communicate the potential and vision of the future of Hydrogen potential, building the credibility of the company in the (Green) Hydrogen space.
- Play a key visible authoritative role in the market to influence the development of key global partnerships and Joint Venture’s, driving awareness of the opportunity and importance of Hydrogen strategies for governments and their commitment to the Net Zero Carbon targets.
- Identify and work with partners globally to identify key co-investors to support project development and acquisition across all aspects of Hydrogen development and production.
- Through the strategic expansion into new markets, identify opportunities, lead contractual negotiations with the in-house legal team, support project funding and lead or support the close out of viable investment deals.
- Lead an ambitious market development program and project growth focus to actively support the goals and objectives for the group.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
The candidate will clearly possess experience and competencies in the following:
- Align with the organizational values of entrepreneurialism, innovation, quality-focus, accountability, and commerciality to successfully drive the organizational objectives in Hydrogen over the next five years.
- Proven track record in scaling a highly successful business in previous roles, with solid experience driving highly successful international expansion in the renewables sector.
- Possess a minimum of 15 years in international market development, with at least 8 years in the international Renewable Energy industry at strategic level, ideally in Solar, Wind, or other Renewables (Wind, Hydro, Tidal, Geothermal, Biomass).
- You will be a strategic, executive Blue-Sky Thinker, with the capability to effectively pitch, engage and influence key decision makers vision for the future of Hydrogen.
- You will have a highly strategic mindset, with the ability to replace the chairman at key meetings with governments, investors, JV partners and clients.
- Highly commercial and executive who can design Hydrogen solutions with the ability to map the market effectively and drive the business unit from a big picture perspective.
- Someone who has scaled up a business and has proven capability in driving highly complex solutions in previous roles.
- You will spend approximately 50% of your time travelling globally, as and when it makes sense.