We are seeking an experienced, committed, and entrepreneurial “Head of Technical & EPC- Director” for A Leading International developer with an exclusive focus on “Solar – Land & Floating” space. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of the assigned EPC PV projects throughout its life cycle and ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget, while minimizing risks and maximizing margins on a variety of solar energy projects across large-scale and small-scale solar globally.
This position will be based in Dubai & requires “Extensive” travel globally and reporting into the business CEO.
- The project director will lead a high-performing cross-functional group that includes representation from Finance, Engineering, and Policy & Business Development. You will focus on large-scale solar and small-scale market segments, guiding other departments through challenges and opportunities that are unique to larger projects, with longer lead times, more complex development investment decisions, and more direct participation in the bulk energy system.
- This candidate will provide direction and oversight to active projects that include review of budgeting, contract negotiations, sub-contractors, preparation and submission of the entire process and documentation of a bid tender and oversee project procurement
- Meet or exceed annual large-scale project volume targets. Given the multi-year time scale for these projects, initial targets will focus on leading indicators of increasing development activity and growing pipeline value.
- Drive increasing average project size and largest project size Collaborate effectively with a range of departments, including project development, development engineering, policy and business development, and project finance.
- Drive the project teams through successful leadership, organizational plans, customer engagement, and outstanding execution of all field operations strategies consistently with company procedures and policies
- Establish production targets and monitor the financials of the projects (revenue, cost, cash flow, cost to complete, under-billing)
- Identify subcontractors, build, develop, and grow business relationships
- Develop, deliver, and update progress reports.
- Plan strategic alliances with subcontractors in the project countries of operation
- Set goals and objectives for the project teams
- Direct and manage the entire process of the project, from initial development to operation and maintenance.
- Promotes a positive and engaging work environment, aligns individual and team objectives to department and company objectives
- Manages, supports, and directs project managers development and growth, providing regular, direct feedback on performance and goal progress.
- Ensure projects are safely constructed, to high quality standard and resourced correctly to complete on time and budget.
- Develop relationships with sub-contractors, utilities, authorities, and clients.
- Oversees the responses to Requests for Proposals and support the bid process to successfully; negotiates new projects with the extended teams in the business.
- Understand and review Safety Management Systems, Quality Management Systems and Environment Management Systems.
- To look after assets already under development, those being awarded and others well into advanced stages
- The role is to lead the Project Managers and specifically supervise all project constraints (scope, schedule, budget, and quality). This includes projects Profit & Loss oversight, meeting company goals for the projects, and developing consistent supervision and tracking of the project controls.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- 7 to 10 years of experience with large-scale photovoltaic and/or energy storage EPC projects with extensive track record managing PV Solar Renewable Energy Development / Construction / Operation
- Project Management Certification is a plus
- Engineering degree in Electrical/ Mechanical domain
- Good Finance Background
- A proven experience of at least 1-2 GW of solar PV and/or ESS with adequate experience in both large and small scale, on and off grid solar PV and/or ESS projects
- A successful track record in a complex, multi-disciplinary professional environment.
- Strong knowledge of bulk electricity system market structure, rules and regulations, and economics, with some proficiency in the engineering and physics of the system.
- Knowledge of new technologies, such as micro grid and battery storage and electric vehicles, would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work effectively with cross-functional employee groups
- Proficient in English oral and written communication
- Self-motivated with excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Teamwork oriented and decision maker skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience with project work and strong experience in contract management
- A hands-on operational approach and self-starter with a high level of initiative and a “can do” attitude.
- Strong business acumen, and an understanding of contracts, contract reviews, budgeting, budgeting reviews, schedules, forecasts, and cost projections
- Must have solid project management experience (conception, execution to close out)