For one of our clients in Belgium, we are currently looking for an HVAC Design Engineer with fluency in French or Dutch to support activities on multiple nuclear power plants in Belgium. This is an initial 1-year contract with possible extensions, to be based in Brussels with some possible travel to site.
The HVAC Team, part of the “Process & Systems” department, is in charge of the following activities:
- HVAC systems design and modifications studies from feasibility up to the commissioning of the new or modified installation.
- Diagnoses, performance analysis and performance optimization of existing HVAC systems in nuclear and non nuclear facilities.
- Modelling of HVAC-circuits, simulation of complex situations.
- Operations & Maintenance support for HVAC equipment.
- Design specifications, procurement specifications, implementation & start-up of HVAC installations.
- Provide technical expertise for the preparation of bids,
- Determine the best technical solutions to be provided to the customer,
- Manage the conceptual design, preliminary design and calculations (Thermal, Flow, etc.),
- Simulate HVAC-circuits, to validate and optimize design, etc.
- Elaborate the studies and technical specifications,
- Manage the contract time schedule, cost and quality
- Follow-up the site activities.
- Mechanical / electromechanical background with at least 5 years in HVAC engineering field (on-site activities is an asset),
- Good language skills : Dutch or French and English,
- Good listener and communicator,
- Good ability to draft reports, technical papers and synthesis documents,
- Inquiring and critical mind, dynamic, rigorous, pragmatic,
- Capacity to assume responsibilities and to take initiative and an ability to work autonomously,
- Client and solution oriented mind-set,
- Willing to provide guidance to your less experienced team members and to transfer your expertise and know-how,
- Committed to meet the deadlines and care for quality and safety,
- Team player and capacity to develop personal contacts.