As the I&C Systems Project Engineer, you will join an engineering team to develop complex automated solutions dedicated to support nuclear projects.
- Oversee and ensure proper and timely delivery of I&C / automation systems projects for the Micro Modular Reactor (MMR™) design from conceptual design stage through construction and commissioning, specifically:
- Prepare I&C block diagrams and system architecture drawings
- Specify and review electrical / instrumentation connection diagrams, loop diagrams, low voltage wiring diagrams
- Specify and review I/O lists, control panel layouts, equipment layouts, conduit and cable routing plans and details
- Prepare and review drawing lists, engineering documents, specifications, and inspection and testing plans/procedures
- Writing and planning project scope, proposals, estimates, change notices, budgets, and similar documents
- Managing engineering costs and maintaining schedules by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; for this role we will only consider candidates who are eligible to work in Canada (citizenship, permanent residency, work permit with sufficient duration).
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) in the Province of Ontario or eligible
- 10-15 years of professional experience with a minimum of 5 years working in I&C systems engineering projects doing specification and design
- Proficient in electrical CAD software (e.g., AutoCAD)
- Strong understanding of regulatory codes and standards including CSA and IEC
- Experience in preparing technical specification of I&C and automation equipment, evaluation of proposals, and will be able to review vendor drawings.
I&C / Project Engineering / Nuclear / Design / Systems / CAD