Radioactive Waste Management is an organisation with the vision to create a safer future by managing radioactive waste effectively, to protect people and the environment. Their mission is to deliver a geological disposal facility and provide radioactive waste management solutions by using over 30 years of research and development, cutting edge science, technology and collaborating with partners around the world.
The Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Service Delivery Manager will deliver the practical implementation of RWM’s ICT strategy and cost effective, efficient, relevant and fit-for-purpose services to meet RWM’s current and future business requirements. This will mean working with the Head of IT to implement an ICT strategy that is fully aligned with our corporate objectives and changing business needs.
It will then entail directing the provision, commissioning and ongoing upgrade of all business systems – seeing that rigorous disciplines are applied to this – and as intelligent customer managing delivery performance in order to achieve the high standards required.
• Implement the RWM ICT Vision statement in line with NDA estate-wide strategy
.• Interpret Company objectives so as to deliver services that support and advance the changing business need.
• Support the Head of IT in the specification, design, development, commissioning and ongoing upgrade of all business systems.
• Implement strategies to ensure systems remain compliant with quality and regulatory standards for information security and longevity, and regularly satisfy external accreditors to this effect.
• Be an ambassador for ICT, working across the business to provide effective communication on ICT matters
• Honours degree in a relevant subject
• Professional chartered status, ITIL Practitioner or equivalent IT service management qualification
• Full membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g. British Computer Society)
• Relevant Project Management skills and experience
• Considerable ICT experience, at least 5 years of which will have been at a management level with responsibility for delivering ICT services within broad corporate objectives and service delivery schedules.
• Full current awareness of the issues and challenges involved in technical ICT implementation and development.
• Procurement and management of outsourced services.
• Experience within specialist functional area, demonstrating high levels of technical skill.
• Proven project management skills, including the management of contractors, and the ability to work flexibly on parallel tasks, often to scope, schedule and cost.
• Effective communication skills to interpret requirements from engineers, scientists and managers from a variety of disciplines, both internally and externally.
• Excellent negotiation, interpersonal skills, commercial skills and customer focus.
• High customer service delivery experience.
Thomas Thor Associates is a consulting and recruitment organisation providing services to the global nuclear sector. We represent nuclear industry experts and provide nuclear jobs to our clients for either freelance contract assignments or permanent staff positions.> LinkedIn
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.