For a well known client operating in Abu Dhabi I am currently in search of an Information Security Threat Hunting Specialist. This is a permanent position.
This is a 2nd line technical role that is responsible for identifying malicious activity inside the perimeter of our client’s corporate environment. This role requires a deeply technical understanding of Malware and an enquiring mind that will root out compromised devices and then lead and direct the incident response.
- Technical Triage: In depth analysis of indicators of compromise trawling through aggregated log data to identify malicious activity that could potentially compromise the confidentiality, integrity or availability of our client’s critical data.
- Investigate Alerts: Analysis of alerts generated across all devices within the confines of our clients’s corporate environment; conducting microscopic examinations of all elements of security data sets.
- Advanced Analysis: Examine full packet captures, netflow logs and all other associated artifacts fully concluding the route origin of any malicious activity.
- SIEM Rule Implementation: Create effective, IDS and SIEM rules which can be deployed in the environment to detect malicious activity.
- HSE, Security and Continuity of Operation:
- Ensure compliance to all relevant health, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the Division/Department/Section by delivery of the HSE Management Program to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Follow all relevant Security policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure security compliance in all aspects of work, by applying them to one’s self, others and organization assets.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission-critical activities.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years’ experience, Diploma, Military or Police Academy graduate with 10 years experience, or High School with 12 years’ experience
Professional Certifications: Preferred CISSP, GCIH
- Incident handling and management
- Knowledge of information security frameworks and standards
- Communications Security Management
- Computer Network Defense
- Configuration Management
- Identity Management
- Information Assurance
- Information Resources Strategy and Planning
- Asset Management
- Information Systems / Network Security
- Information Security Architecture
- Risk Management
- Technology Awareness
- Vulnerabilities Assessment
- Respect for Safety and Security
- Integrity and Transparency
- Communication Effectiveness
- Results Focus: Working effectively and efficiently
- Customer Focus
- Excellent Timekeeping
- Good Report Writing