Our client require an Electrical Leader to support activities for the design of general electrical systems for the Hinkley Point C project in the UK. On this project, the focus is electrical execution studies (installation plans for cable trays, earthing, design of electrical boxes, equipment reports, etc.)
A part of the project management team, this role shall support the leadership and direction to the delivery teams. The role reports directly to the Project Director with principal responsibility for:
• Interface with the client across the UK design hubs and site
• Contribution to the Joint Design Office (JDO) to manage site construction issues
• Project and technical oversight of subcontractor activities
• Actively perform a leadership role across the project promoting objectives, a healthy nuclear safety culture and focus on quality right first time
• Identification and promoting of value adding opportunities – Design / Nuclear Safety / cost / programme / quality – act as UK interface with client and stakeholder working groups
• Contribute to delivery process improvement, providing technical guidance and advice to the IMS
• Provide support to deliver on UK context and lead CDM activities
• Support technical management to develop and implement Design Documents (Design Management, Design sequence of activities, Design Verification Plan, etc.)
• Assist the project technical team located in France to deliver design right first time through review of design documents covering cable trays installation, earthing, cabinets & boxes
• When required, and in coordination with the technical management provide additional reviewer and approval of design deliverables
• Participate to meetings with the Client and other projects partner on technical topics and documents comments review
• Participate to meetings with products manufacturer to help manufacturer understanding the needs, review their technical solutions and evaluate their compatibility which project requirements
• Provide interface and representative in 3rd party interactions and interventions
• Lead the technical and project activities subcontracted (cabling, lightning protection,…) across the full supply chain
• Lead design activities completed on site via the Joint Design Office (JDO) and provide local management of resources (cable trays, earthing…)
Ready to take on new challenges, you are rigorous, precise and autonomous with a strong technical knowledge, pragmatic problem solving skills, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multi-cultural team.
Languages : Fluent in English. French language skills desired but not essential, language training can be made available
Olivia is a Key Account Consultant based in the South West, UK. She has 8 years experience in recruitment and account management focusing on accounts across major UK nuclear new build and development programmes.
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.