For one of the Belgian Nuclear power plants located in the North of the country, just kilometres away from the Dutch border, we are looking for a seasoned Civil Engineer to work in Spent Fuel Facility project.
It will be located on site (Doel) and is a long term assignment on a contract base.
This is the perfect opportunity to get into the uprising nuclear industry as no previous experience in the discipline is required
Your day to day will be shaped by the following responsibilities:
- Lead, motivate, coach and manage a project team of engineers, draughtsmen, contract owner, quality lead & supervisors.
- You will take care of the interface with the other disciplines and the project management.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the budget, agreed scope, timing and quality of engineering activities are carried out as required;
- Reports functionally to the project leader of the project;
- Responds to customer needs.
- You keep yourself informed of all standards, guidelines, new techniques and developments in the field and reports these to the team members or colleagues.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
The requirements for the position are as follow:
- Master of architecture with the option of civil engineering;
- Around 10 years of relevant technical experience with civil engineering projects related to the design and engineering of concrete and steel construction;
- Involved in all aspects and different phases of your projects: offered, design, studies, tender, implementation, management, etc.
- Good communication skills;
- Customer-oriented in flexible.
- Curious to develop into the specifics of the nuclear sector;
- Dutch and English, both at a fluent level.