For one of our clients in Belgium, we are searching for a Lead Civil Engineer, to join their Engineering Department.
If you are Dutch speaker and experienced in project coordination. This opportunity might be for you!
– Lead, motivate, coach and manage a project team of structural engineers and draftsmen for your projects.
– Responsible for ensuring that the budget, the timing and the quality of the engineering work is executed as required.
– Report progress for all your projects on a weekly basis.
– Take a role as principal engineer of the project (mainly geotechnical, concrete and steel, structures for different type of structures) and you help and guide your less experienced colleagues. You carry out study works yourself or together with your team or in assistance to other colleagues.
– Prepare and submit offers and contracts.
– Aim for sustainable and efficient solutions.
– Keep up with the standards, guidelines and new techniques and developments in your discipline and report these to your team members or colleagues.
– Work together with colleagues, external partners (such as architects, other design and engineering consultancies, contractors during the construction phase, etc.) and clients.
– With international mindset and collaborate with our offices abroad for certain engineering tasks and take the necessary actions to guarantee the required quality.
. Qualified Civil/Structural Engineer holding a Master’s degree as a minimum.
. With at least 15 years of relevant technical experience in designing several types of concrete and steel structures.
. Familiar with the creation of tender documents
. Expertise in modelling with ANSYS, SCIA Engineer and/or equivalent packages is an asset.
. A thorough knowledge of Dutch is essential and you need to be able to express yourself in Dutch and English.
. Prepared to work in our regional offices in Belgium and/or in Client’s site offices.
. Willing to make international trips for our international collaboration and international projects in mutual agreement.
Thomas Thor Associates are a recruitment and consulting organisation dedicated to the nuclear industry. We recruit for roles in nuclear new build, operations, decommissioning, research and waste management and our clients include nuclear regulators, operators, engineering companies and research organisations.
Please send you application to email@example.com or call Helene Douchet on +31 20 6225 889 or +33 1 84 88 80 00 for an informal discussion on this or other opportunities.