For one of our clients, a nuclear new build company based in South West of UK, we are looking for a Lead Civil, Structure and Architectural Engineer with previous project related experience.
- Managing engineering solutions, which fully comply with all UK legal requirements together with HNE business case needs.
- Performing competence assessments of project personnel undertaking civil, structural and architectural design duties, as required.
- Establishing and maintaining the civil, structural and architectural engineering configuration to ensure the intent and integrity is maintained throughout the project life.
- Integrating and co-ordinating civil, structural and architectural engineering input between JV members and sub-contractors.
- Management of inter-discipline interfaces with other Lead Engineers.
- Ensuring that technical and design risks in field of expertise are identified and appropriately managed to meet project requirements.
- Ensuring design decisions are recorded and auditable through the life of the project.
- Ensuring design information requirements are co-ordinated and communicated to relevant parties.
- Monitoring and reporting to relevant parties the quality of engineering across discipline.
- Ensuring value engineering is undertaken in a timely manner.
- Ensuring timely documentation for all necessary approvals (including any required from external authorities).
- Ensuring company requirements are incorporated into the design process including safety, quality, environmental, security and health.
- Ensuring that designs are compliant with statutory requirements.
- Attendance at design workshops as required, both UK and overseas.
- Provide advice and guidance to overseas design teams.
- Assist in the overall delivery of the project by the team.
- Assist continuous improvement of safety and performance.
- Assist graduate and staff development.
- Contact with relevant professional institutions, academia and industry.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other authorities / organisations.
- To ensure understanding and application of responsibilities with regard to the company’s environment, health, safety, security and quality standards.
- Appropriate tasks as defined by the Engineering Manager.
- Civil, structural or architectural engineering.
- Undertaking design and configuration for the life of a project.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of technical standards and regulatory requirements for civil and structural construction appropriate to conventional and hazardous environments (in particular the UK Nuclear Industry, but not limited to).
- Understanding of the influences of design and operation on the installation, commissioning and maintenance requirements of a regulated site.
- Extensive and relevant experience of co-ordinating civil, structural and architectural design teams within both conventional and hazardous environments.
- Working with multi-cultural design teams and a full understanding of the regional cultural differences that this entails.
- Experience as operating as a Designer in accordance with the CDM regulations.
- Preferably experience of working with the UK Office of Nuclear Regulation. Willingness to travel (up to 25% of the time).
- Ability to hold UK Security Clearance.