Our client a major energy organisation, is seeking a Senior Commercial Manager to support a key UK Nuclear New Build programme. This is a permanent position to be based in the South West of the UK.
The purpose of this role is to manage a commercial team in the successful delivery of all pre and post contract commercial issues across a number of work packages.
• Establish an effective commercial and supply chain strategy to enable delivery of successful requirements.
• Ensuring that all Principal Accountabilities for the Commercial Team are implemented in accordance with commercial procedures.
• Engagement where necessary with the UK regulators (ONR / EA / CNS).
• Adopt the role of Intelligent Customer ensuring that stakeholder needs and expectations are met
• Lead the development of the contract strategy and the proposed procurement route for all contracts.
• Negotiate terms and conditions ensuring commercial position is protected and that any amendments are compliant with governance.
• Responsible for the commercial management and administration of contracts in accordance with contract requirements (NEC3 and FIDIC) and corporate governance; to include, but without limit to, Notices and Instructions, Applications, Invoicing and Payment, Variations and Changes, Disputes and Claims, Delays, Extensions of Time, Force Majeure and Liquidated Damages, Bonds and Guarantees, Progress Monitoring and Financial Reviews.
• Develop an Application for Payment process which meets governance and the requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
• Develop a Programme commercial review process which examines and evaluates all commercial and contract matters, Lead and be responsible for the output of such review process.
• Member of the RICS or equivalent professional body.
• Educated to degree level.
• Able to demonstrate an extensive track record of working as part of a Project Senior Management Team and managing Commercial Teams and administering successful multi billion pound contracts.
• Effective Commercial Management and Leadership skills, with clear knowledge of best practice contract methodologies in the UK environment.
• Highly developed commercial skills and demonstrable ability to make sound decisions on matters of high financial value.
• Proven understanding of procurement, contract performance measurement, risk management and change and claim management.
• Good negotiating, influencing and communication skills to command professional respect at all levels.• Proven experience with most common Forms of Contract (NEC & FIDIC) within the power construction industry and major projects and programme environment; with particular knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function is essential.
• Familiar with the nuclear site licence conditions and the nuclear baseline philosophy.
• Good understanding of the UK regulatory framework.
• Good understanding of UK and international supply chain management.
Thomas Thor Associates is a consulting and recruitment organisation providing services to the global nuclear sector. We represent nuclear industry experts and provide nuclear jobs to our clients for either freelance contract assignments or permanent staff positions.> LinkedIn
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.