Our client an international engineering company, is seeking a Lead Engineer for Mechanical Auxiliary Systems.
This role is within the project team, supporting a major UK nuclear new build project.
- Technical supervision / management of the auxiliaries’ suppliers (planning, reporting, RFI-TQ follow up, contract, MOM,…)
- Review the deliverables issued by the auxiliaries’ suppliers and Ensure that these meet the technical and quality requirements of the Client.
- Participate in the definition of the Project Baseline Schedule, and its ongoing development
- Participate/contribute to the detailed design of the auxiliaries and their procurement process (technical selection, clarification)
- Coordinate and manages the auxiliaries’ interfaces with the suppliers and the Client.
- Participate in the definition of the objective budget, and its ongoing development
- Liaise with the Project Finance Director in order to prepare financial forecasts
- Liaise with and support the Contract Manager in your area of responsibility
- Monitor, review and prepare proposed responses to the client’s General Communications and claims in your area of responsibility, in coordination with the Contract Manager
- Prepare technical responses to variation requests from the Customer, including costings, and present them to the Project Change Committee.
- Liaise with and support the Procurement Lead in procuring suppliers and handling any claims that may arise.
- Coordinate with the Responsible Designer
- Liaise with the erection, testing & commissioning team in order to prepare method statements and risk assessments.
- To fulfil specified and implied occupational Health & Safety responsibilities by adherence to the requirements of the Company’s Health & Safety Policy and Health & Safety Management Plans.
- Degree in Engineering discipline
- Understanding of Document Control procedures
- Understanding of Control & Validation procedures
- Understanding of Interface Management
- Understanding of Change/Modification Management
- Understanding of Non-Conformance Procedures
- Understanding of Information System
- Ability to understand a complex system
- Ability to respect rules
- Ability to manage change/modification
- Ability to manage comments/punch lists
- Ability to manage interface
- Knowledge of general installation
- Knowledge of layout
- Knowledge of Electrical
- Knowledge of Control and Instrumentation
- Knowledge of Mechanical
- Knowledge of process flow/P&I Diagrams
- Knowledge of Qualification
- Knowledge of calculations