For our client PALLAS in The Netherlands, we are currently looking for a Lead Reactor Systems Engineer
PALLAS-reactor’s mission is to provide unique solutions for nuclear medicine and research. Their vision is to build a safe, state-of-the-art facility to become the world’s leading producer of radioisotopes for nuclear medicines and enable nuclear technology research – the first in industry to be privately financed, owned and operated. They are building the research reactor in Petten, Noord-Holland, the site of the existing High Flux Reactor.
PALLAS aspires to become a high-reliability organisation with the skills and capability to deliver its mission and vision through its core values, whilst ensuring that its safety, security and quality objectives are always achieved.
As Lead Reactor Systems Engineer, you:
- Are responsible for the implementation of Systems Engineering within the reactor design;
- Oversee the contractors that are responsible for the reactor systems;
- Fulfil a Design Authority role, meaning you will be responsible for the acceptance of the reactor systems design, assessing changes to the design and ensuring Knowledge Management of the design of the systems within your scope;
- Are the owner of the reactor systems design meaning, you are responsible for:
- Defining, refining and substantiating the PALLAS requirements for the design;
- The scoping of the work the contractors should do;
- Reviewing the design;
- Identifying and mitigating risks to the design;
- Overseeing the contractor to deliver a design that fulfils the PALLAS requirements within time and budget.
- Prepare progress reports.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
We are looking a professional that:
- Holds a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or relevant field: preferably in Mechanical Engineering;
- Has experience in ensuring the design is in compliance with mechanical design codes and standards like ASME, BPVC and KTA;
- Brings a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in being a Lead Engineer acting as Design Authority and Intelligent Customer in working with nuclear systems;
- Has experience in large infrastructure projects such as Detail Design, Construction, Procurement and Commissioning;
- Has training and experience in Systems Engineering;
- Has excellent oral and written skills in English;
- Has technical knowledge in systems such as reactor fuel, beryllium and core support structures;
- Has technical knowledge of structural analysis;
- Is willing to move to Alkmaar, Netherlands area.