For a well known client operating in the United Arab Emirates, we are currently looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor. The client is offering a 12 month contract, with a possibility of extension.
The Principal Maintenance Specialist positions for Units 1 and 2 will support oversight and management of critical functions necessary to meet Nawah Maintenance initiatives and strategies, and with supporting and providing oversight of the Long Term Maintenance Services Agreement (LTMSA) for successful implementation of maintenance work at Barakah Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP).
The Site and Plant Maintenance Departments require the services of these positions to ensure high level of standards are met for execution of Maintenance activities at BNPP. Duties and responsibilities will align with the Conduct of Maintenance and other approved programs and processes at BNPP.
Examples of expected work from these roles are the following (not limited to the examples provided):
• Resource management (subordinate personnel and business assets) for support of Maintenance responsibilities and activities
• Develop and review maintenance procedures to ensure reliable and safe plant operations
• Execute technical review of maintenance process and procedure changes to ensure alignment to regulatory and industry best practices
• Provide troubleshooting support for the plant to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner. This may include off-normal working hours and/or shift work rotational support.
• Assist with performance improvement related tasks for timely resolution of issues and implementation of improvement strategies to strive for BNPP Operational Excellence.
• Support activities for BNPP Unit 1(as well as 2, 3, 4, as directed) initial start up testing
• Support of fuel load activities • Ensure work week fidelity is maintained by supporting the Work Management Processes (to include ORCC and other various oversight teams for intial plant start up activities)
• Ensure quality work package preparation, which includes feedback and improvement into the PM program and Operations Management System (OMS) software.
• Outage planning and execution of outage work (this included critical maintenance equipment outages)
• Assist with mentoring of UAE Nationals employed at BNPP
• Developmental input and support of quality training
• Participate in technical review of operating license documents to ensure safe plant operation
• Participate in the technical review of service contract documents and manage the contractor to ensure best maintenance practices
• Maintenance programs oversight and quality improvement
• Other mission critical requirements of BNPP such as Emergency Response Organization (ERO) support.
• Expand Nawah’s capability and readiness to operate and maintain the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP) in support of Nuclear Performance Improvement (NPI) program requirements. These positions will have responsibilities to identify low-level issues and trends for early resolution before more significant problems occur. This assists in instilling a culture of continuous improvement within Maintenance. This may require support of various types of analysis techniques such as Root Cause Evaluations (RCE) and Apparent Cause Evaluations (ACE).
• Will assist, as directed, with preparing for and collaborating with Quality Assurance (QA), Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation (FANR) audit and World Association of Nuclear Operators (WANO), Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO), and International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) periodic evaluations to ensure successful results, and capturing of lessons learned for the betterment of the organization.
• Required to demonstrate a commitment to high standards of performance by all maintenance personnel including: use of human performance error-prevention tools, ATSITE values, nuclear safety culture, and proper housekeeping. This to ensure work is performed correctly the first time to reduce re-work and limit out of service (OOS) unavailability time to provide the station with well maintained equipment for equipment reliability during the Operational Cycles, and for essential emergency equipment to meet license basis mission time requirements.
• Follow and reinforce within the organization all relevant company’s Health and Safety policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure compliance in all aspects of work as per sound management practices. Apply these policies and procedures to self and others to ensure reasonable care of the health and safety of the employee; the environment; and various individuals who may be affected by the employee’s acts or omissions at work.
• Follow and reinforce within the organization all relevant Security policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure security compliance in all aspects of work, by applying them on self, others and Corporate assets. • Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission critical activities.
• Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner which supports the objectives of the corporation and its Emiratization strategy.
• Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of UAE Nationals where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
• Manage the effective achievement of the Organization’s objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, and providing formal and informal constructive feedback and appraisal – in order to maximize subordinate and department performance.
• An engineering diploma (Electrical, Mechanical, I&C) OR equivalent experience & training (craft plus 5 years) at a nuclear power plant.
• Have at least 5 years supervisory OR managerial experience in a Mechanical discipline
• At least 10 years’ experience with advanced print reading skills (electrical, mechanical, P&ID, logic and control) to be able to accurately understand plant drawings.
• At least 10 years of in-plant experience with maintenance activities, fault finding, technical problem resolution, of which 5 years must be at a Nuclear Power Plant.
• Full English fluency is required for procedure understanding, print reading, and interfacing with other departments to complete the tasks at hand. A minimum English proficiency of 5.5 in all categories are required on the IELTS or equivalent scale. This is applicable to non-native English speakers and evidence should be submitted.
• Must be able to understand vendor manuals from a technical perspective and apply that knowledge to work instruction content and to validate or recommend technical information be added to work instructions or procedures to ensure clear, concise and accurate content.
• Must understand the concept of procedure use and adherence and its application to work instructions.
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to develop Human Factored Technical Work Instructions (Training or Certification in HuP Factored Technical Writing Instruction or Professional Procedure Association Certification or equivalent).