For a well known client operating in the United Arab Emirates I am currently in search of Maintenance Supervisor – Rigging / Scaffolding. The client is offering a 12 months contract, with a possibility for extension.
The Maintenance Supervisor – Rigging / Scaffolding position for Units 1 and 2 will support oversight and management of critical functions necessary to meet Maintenance initiatives and strategies, and with supporting and providing oversight of the Long Term Maintenance Services Agreement (LTMSA) for successful implementation of maintenance work at Nuclear Power Plant.
The Site and Plant Maintenance Departments require the services of these positions to ensure high level of standards are met for execution of Maintenance activities at NPP. Duties and responsibilities will align with the Conduct of Maintenance and other approved programs and processes at NPP.
- Resource management (subordinate personnel and business assets) for support of Maintenance responsibilities and activities
- Develop and review maintenance procedures to ensure reliable and safe plant operations
- Execute technical review of maintenance process and procedure changes to ensure alignment to regulatory and industry best practices
- Provide troubleshooting support for the plant to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner. This may include off-normal working hours and/or shift work rotational support.
- Assist with performance improvement related tasks for timely resolution of issues and implementation of improvement strategies to strive for NPP Operational Excellence.
- Support activities for NPP Unit 1(as well as 2, 3, 4, as directed) initial start up testing
- Support of fuel load activities
- Ensure work week fidelity is maintained by supporting the Work Management Processes (to include ORCC and other various oversight teams for intial plant start up activities)
- Ensure quality work package preparation, which includes feedback and improvement into the PM program and Operations Management System (OMS) software.
- Outage planning and execution of outage work (this included critical maintenance equipment outages)
- Assist with mentoring of UAE Nationals employed at NPP
- Developmental input and support of quality training
- Participate in technical review of operating license documents to ensure safe plant operation
- Participate in the technical review of service contract documents and manage the contractor to ensure best maintenance practices
- Maintenance programs oversight and quality improvement
- Other mission critical requirements of NPP such as Emergency Response Organization (ERO) support.
- An engineering diploma (Electrical, Mechanical, I&C) OR equivalent experience & training (craft plus 5 years) at a nuclear power plant.
- Have at least 5 years supervisory OR managerial experience in a Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation & Control or Welding discipline
- At least 10 years’ experience with advanced print reading skills (electrical, mechanical, P&ID, logic and control) to be able to accurately understand plant drawings.
- At least 10 years of in-plant experience with maintenance activities, fault finding, technical problem resolution, of which 5 years must be at a Nuclear Power Plant.
- Full English fluency is required for procedure understanding, print reading, and interfacing with other departments to complete the tasks at hand. A minimum English proficiency of 5.5 in all categories are required on the IELTS or equivalent scale. This is applicable to non-native English speakers and evidence should be submitted.