We have a current opportunity for a Mechanical Codes and Methods Engineer for a nuclear technology company in US. It’s a remote contract for a year with a posibility for extension.
- Develop and automate novel mechanical analysis methods for the purpose of analyzing liquid metal fast reactor core mechanical behavior and response.
- Support verification and validation (V&V) of mechanical codes and methods through software testing, mechanical testing, and benchmarking against testing data.
- Plan testing campaigns for V&V of mechanical codes and methods. This includes developing test requirements, acceptance testing criteria, performing pre-test predictions, post-processing test data, and working closely with test engineers to ensure the test design satisfies validation needs of the mechanical codes and methods.
- Create formal documentation of software requirements, design, implementation, and testing to support V&V in support of licensing.
- Perform/support commercial grade dedication of third-party software tools.
- Train reactor designers, developers, and analysts in the use of the mechanical codes and methods.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with 5+ years working experience
- Strong finite element analysis (FEA) experience – Abaqus preferred
- Strong object-oriented programming experience – Python preferred
- Prior experience in the design/analysis/testing of reactor core components (e.g., fuel assembly, control rod assembly) preferred
- Experience interacting on methodology with the NRC under an ASME NQA-1 complaint QA environment preferred
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Ability to consistently deliver to an aggressive schedule
- Ability to seek out tasks and produce value aligned with team goals without waiting for next assignment
- Willingness to openly give and receive professional criticism through reviews
- Strong verbal communication skills desired
- A successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect, and a desire to foster teamwork
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications