For one of our clients in Belgium, we are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to support nuclear projects in Belgium. This would be an initial 1-year contract with the possibility to extend, to be based in Brussels.
• Expertise in mechanical equipment, particularly for valves, pumps and valve actuators.
• Sizing studies for valve actuators.
• Purchase of mechanical equipment (valves, valve actuators, pumps, compressors, handling equipment)
– Technical expertise and definition of the needs;
– Preparation of the documents – technical requisition file, commercial documents, for call for tenders;
– Technical review and analysis of the supplier’s bids;
– Support in the commercial negotiations with the suppliers;
– Follow-up of the contract from the kick-off meeting until the final acceptance on site.
• Qualification of equipment by study or by test campaigns.
• Detailed design of mechanical equipment.
• Manufacturing follow-up of equipment in close cooperation with the quality surveillance section and with the customer.
• Assisting the project manager and the customer in meetings and technical discussions with the safety authorities.
• Mechanical / Electromechanical engineer with experience in the engineering sector;
• Working knowledge of Dutch and English (French knowledge is an asset);
• Interest in design, manufacturing, and site operation activities;
• Ability to draft reports, synthesis, calculation notes, and technical requisition file documents;
• Knowledge in mechanical technology, materials, manufacturing, maintenance, and obsolescence issues is an asset;
• Knowledge of 3D CAD programs is an asset;
• Methodical, accurate, organized, solution-minded with team-player skills;
• Good computer skills (excel, access, etc.);
• Ready to work abroad for short or long missions.
Anelia Koleva is a Senior Recruitment Consultant, specialised in the Continental European markets, with extensive nuclear experience across different countries, including new build, operations, decommissioning, and research reactors. Experience with senior and executive-level roles, both permanent and contract assignments.
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.