For a well known client operating in Belgium, we are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer. This is a contract position to be based in Belgium, Brussels with site intervention.
Part of the Mechanical Equipment Department, in charge of the following tasks:
- Provide expertise in mechanical components
- Equipment Qualification
- Procurement of Mechanical Equipment and Nuclear Fuel
- Quality Surveillance-Supplier and Repair Qualification
- In service Inspection and Ageing Management
- Fuel Quality Control and Handling
As member of the group “Equipment & Materials Management”, in charge of the following activities in close relation with the Project Managers and the Customers:
- Provide expertise in mechanical components;
- Purchase of mechanical equipment/service (valves, servomotors, pumps, compressor, handling equipment,…):
- Technical expertise and definition of the needs;
- Preparation of the documents – Technical Requisition File, commercial documents, … for call for tenders;
- Review and analysis of the supplier’s bids;
- Support in the commercial negotiations with the suppliers;
- Follow-up of the contract from the kick-off meeting until the final acceptance on site;
- Qualification of equipment during test campaigns or by analysis.
- Assisting the Project Manager and the Customer in meetings and technical discussions with the Safety Authorities.
We are looking for:
- Mechanical or Material Engineer with experience in the mechanical engineering sector;
- Someone who can work with limited supervision
- Interest in design, manufacturing and site operation activities
- Ability to draft reports, synthesis, calculation note and Technical Requisition File documents
- Deep knowledge of mechanical technology & standards, materials, manufacturing, maintenance and obsolescence issue
- Methodical, accurate, organized, solution minded with team-player skills
- Good computer skills (excel, access, …)
- Ready to work abroad for short or long missions.
A candidate who is eligible to work in Belgium and able to speak English and French and/or Dutch is preferred.