For a well known client operating in Canada Thomas Thor is currently in search of a Mechanical Engineer. This is a contract position to be based in Kincardine. When this job opportunity is of your interest, please submit your resume.
A key player in the Nuclear Industry is looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to work on an exciting first of a kind project to be based in Kincardine, Canada. The role involves performing broad and complex engineering assignments requiring originality, ingenuity and the development of new methods. Throughout the project the Mechanical Engineer will provide advanced technical support related to planning, designing, analyzing, constructing and maintaining structures, systems and components. The Mechanical Engineer should display technical competence requiring minimal direction from higher level engineering staff.
• Performs non-routine and varied engineering assignments typically in areas of design, development, analysis, evaluation, testing, preparation of specifications, execution of field tasks and resolution of field problems.
• Ensures compliance with government, organization and customer engineering codes and standards.
• Independently evaluates, selects and applies a variety of technical techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgement in making adaptations and modifications.
• Continues to develop knowledge of organization processes and customers.
• Works on special projects, as directed.
• Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
• Routine travel between sites 1 week per month.
Thomas Thor Associates is a consulting and recruitment organisation providing services to the global nuclear sector. We represent nuclear industry experts and provide nuclear jobs to our clients for either freelance contract assignments or permanent staff positions.> LinkedIn
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.