We are looking for a Mechanical Piping Engineer to work for our client in Belgium, one of the world’s largest engineering players for energy, water, and infrastructure projects.
You will manage various activities in close relation with the Project Managers and the Customers.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Definition and prescription of Piping and Supports or Structures
- Purchase of Piping and Structures:
- Technical expertise and definition of the needs
- Preparation of the documents – Technical Requisition File, commercial documents
- Review and analysis of the supplier’s bids
- Support in the commercial negotiations with the suppliers
- Follow-up of the contract from the kick-off meeting until the final acceptance on site.
- Manufacturing follow-up of the equipment in close cooperation with the quality surveillance section and with the Customers.
- Expertise in Piping , Supports and Structures and their associated Rules and Codes
- Assisting the PM and the Customers in meetings and technical discussions with the Safety Authorities.
- Mechanical / Electromechanical Engineer
- Working knowledge of Dutch OR French AND English languages
- Ability to draft Technical Requisition Files, reports and synthesis documents
- Interest in economic analyses, design, manufacturing and site operation activities;
- Expertise in the nuclear field is an asset
- Methodical, accurate, organized, with team-player skills;
- Good computer skills (excel, access, …).