For an engineering company operating in Canada, we are currently looking for an Electrical Engineering Manager. This is a permanent position to be based in Toronto.
That’s an exciting opportunity to join a large group and to be leading a team of electrical engineers and deliver electrical engineering services to Canadian and international power generation utility customers!
As the Section Manager for Electrical Engineering you will be providing support to the Director of the Electrical and Instrumentation & Controls Design in assigning resources, maintaining budgets and schedules associated with assigned electrical projects.
- Provide electrical engineering design and analysis for nuclear and other industrial plant
- Provide a high level of expertise in one or more specific areas related to electrical engineering, e.g., control instrumentation assessment/design/specification of equipment and components, electrical power generation and distribution
- Perform condition and performance assessments of low to high voltage electrical equipment such as control instrumentation assessment/design/specification of equipment and components, electrical power generation and distribution; etc.
- Perform engineering change design and analysis following established change control proceduresDevelop life cycle plans, including inspection and test programs
- Interface with construction/procurement partners, utility stakeholders, and equipment vendors throughout the lifecycle of the design project (i.e., from preliminary and conceptual engineering to detailed design, implementation and close-out) to provide practical and effective solutions as per requirements
- Provide field support to multi-disciplined plant design modifications, including provision of field engineering.
- Understand and assess client problems and determine appropriate means of solutionConduct technical assessments and emergent troubleshooting/engineering to support refurbishment projects and operating unit (capital) projects
- Interface effectively with other staff on multi-disciplinary projects
- Prepare bids in answer to clients’ requests for proposalsInterface with clients and maintain a client focused culture within the Section
- Manage performance, coach and train staff
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years experience, with some experience working on-site at a nuclear power plant
- Proven track record in electrical design and analysis in electrical power distribution
- Strong understanding of nuclear power plant design and operation, including Engineering Change Control processes
- Strong knowledge of generating station power upgrades including necessary system protection/system stability and relaying, and in performing condition assessments
- Experience in performing condition assessments of equipment such as heat exchangers, high pressure and temperature piping and pressure components and other power plant equipment
- Experience in project management and interfacing with and coordinating activities of multi-disciplinary teams
- Have excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral
- A candidate who is eligible to work in Canada is preferred.
- Experience in leading technical projects to successful conclusions
- Professional Engineer of Ontario (PEO) designation, or eligible for PEO status, with a passion for engineering
$80,000-$130,000 per annum – to be discussed, according to experience