For one of our clients in Belgium, we are currently looking for an experienced Fire Safety Engineer to work on multiple nuclear power plants in Belgium and to offer their expertise in Nuclear Safety. This role will be based in Brussels.
As a member of the team, you would work in close relation with the Project Managers, the Fire Experts, and the Client. You will realize feasibility studies, design studies, modification studies of Fire Safety installations following applicable regulations and standards.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Realize diagnostics and audits of Fire Safety installations
- Lead Fire risk analysis following applicable regulations and standards or in house methodologies
- Lead analysis following applicable methods and determine suitable and pragmatic recommendations that cope with the Project objectives/constraints
- Realize Fire risk analysis by the definition of the scenario and assumptions, choice of the correct model, collection and implementation of the data into the model, calculations, analysis of the results, drafting the synthesis
- Validate the coherence between the required and existing fire protection/detection means
- Include requirements from other competence centers, project safety referential, unit safety report, insurer, codes, norms, standards and regulations
- Check study compliance with the on-site situation (walk-downs), include the Return of Experience, and draft the reports (high-quality level)
- Determine and recommend suitable on-site adaptations (protection/detection means)
- Manage interfaces and ensure efficient communication between the different stakeholders
- Coaching of junior engineers and follow-up of sub-contracted studies/simulations
- Ensure the budget, planning, and scope of the studies are compliant with the project requirements
- Assist the Project Manager in meetings and technical discussions with the Safety Authorities.
- Relevant experience in Fire engineering: design of Fire Safety installations and Fire risk analysis.
- Good language skills: Dutch or French and English
- Good computer and data process skills
- Ability to draft reports, technical papers, and synthesis documents
- Inquiring and critical mind, dynamic mindset
- Capacity to assume responsibilities, to take initiative, coach/follow-up people, and able to work autonomously
- Team player and capacity to develop personal contacts, good listener and communicator;
- Experience on a nuclear projects and knowledge of nuclear codes and standards would be a strong asset