Salary: Depending on experience level
Location: United Arab Emirates
Job Type: Permanent
To manage fuel mechanical design activities including fuel rod performance such as fuel centerline temperature, cladding stress and strain and fuel assembly mechanical design such as structural requirements. To monitor fuel performance and report to the relevant department of CNO.
- Nuclear Safety Analysis and Reporting • Review and update the Preliminary Safety Analysis Report (PSAR) and Final Safety Analysis Report (FSAR) sections to ensure the accuracy of the reports • Review PC (Prime Contracting) technical documents of Pre and Post OL, proposed changes to the reference safety analysis and core design schemes required for the optimum fuel cycle length
- Reviewing of Prime Contract Licensing • Review PC technical support plan aimed at the licensing for the new computer codes • 4participate in PC activities leading to the licensing of the computer codes by KINS (Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety) and licensing by FANR
- Economic Reactor Cores and Plant Operation Requirements • Ensure economical core designs that meet safety and licensing limits and plant operation requirements • Use proven and reliable fuel assembly designs to ensure zero fuel defect
- Fuel Assembly • Support plant operations in receiving new fuel assemblies to assess any defect during transportation • Coordinate with fuel vendor(s) for the reported fuel failure during in-core life to assess possible cause(s)
- People Management • Manage the effective achievement of organization’s objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to maximize subordinate and department performance • Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner which supports the objectives of the corporation and its Emiratization strategy
- Contribute to knowledge sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of UAE Nationals where applicable and maximize their effective performance • Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission-critical activities
- Stake Holder Engagement • Facilitate communication, both internally and externally, in order to build and nurture mutually beneficial working relationships
- HSE, Security & Continuity of Operation • Ensure compliance to all relevant health, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the Division / Department / Section by delivery of the JSE Management Program to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service and a responsible environmental attitude • Follow all relevant security policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure security compliance in all aspects of work, by applying them on self, others and corporate assets • Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission-critical activities
- Excellence & Quality Management • Ensure commitment to culture of excellence and Quality Management by implementing best practices, complying with excellence requirements in terms of policies, procedures and systems, and exceeding stakeholders expectations
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Nuclear Engineering, 10 years of relevant experience and 6 years in a supervisory role.
Masters degree in Mechanical/Nuclear Engineering or equivalent, 10 years of relevant experience and 15 years in a supervisory role.