In this position, you will be working in the Nuclear Process group; they are in charge of the following consultancy and engineering services activities relating to PWR reactors and fluid systems:
- Conceptual and Functional design
- Functional and technical specifications
- Feasibility and modification studies
- Functional analyses
- Performance analysis
- Thermal-hydraulic calculations
- Operations & Maintenance support
- Input to commercial bidding for engineering services
You will have a clear mission within the team:
- Coach and provide guidance to less experienced people in the team performing system functional analyses and calculations, defining test programs and other system activities. Participate in the design of systems within the “Nuclear Island” of PWRs, using the necessary tools and methods. Contribute to the development of tools and methods for performing the current and future activities.
- Help to maintain the high quality standards for the deliverables produced by the team consisting of technical notes, test procedures, reports, equipment functional specifications and other documents to be prepared and issued according to nuclear regulatory and quality standards. Be in contact with clients to listen to and understand their needs, to prepare scopes of work and to present results of the analyses.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Civil or industrial engineer with a strong will to share the technical expertise and knowledge and provide guidance to the less experienced people in the team.
- Have a profound knowledge in thermal-hydraulics and heat transfer phenomena.
- More than 15 years of experience in the aforementioned areas of expertise is expected, including at least 10 years in PWR design and in particular PWR nuclear island fluid system design; knowledge of experimental reactors and other nuclear power plant designs is an asset.
- Experience in commissioning of equipment in nuclear power plants and good knowledge of the operation of nuclear power plants.
- Good knowledge of nuclear regulations and American standards (e.g. ASME) or equivalent.
- Fluency in Dutch, French and English.
The role is flexible to work from home some days per week, but the candidates have to be based in Brussels already or willing to relocate.