In the context of its activities and involvements in the nuclear sector internationally, Thomas Thor Associates has been requested by its partners and customers to provide support and competences in the field of Design, V&V and commissioning of I&C Systems.
These activities are related to the design and construction of New Nuclear Reactors in Europe and are involving several stakeholders from the French, German, Russian and Finnish nuclear industry.
In this context, Thomas Thor Associates is looking for I&C engineers, experts and consultants with technical experience in the nuclear industry and able to technically lead, mentor, support and deliver within our customers’ team.
The location of the position could be discussed with the stakeholders involved and the suitable candidates.
The activities you can be involved in include, but are not limited to:
- V&V or commissioning tasks, ensuring compliance with international requirements when certifying, designing and verifying Reactor Control Systems
- Quality of the deliverables and their compliance with requirements using methodologies and processes applicable to the performance of these activities
- Involvement in the production of the deliverables associated with these activities and/or verify the deliverables achieved by other team members.
- Involvement in the development of technical and commercial proposals related to these activities
- Involvement in ensuring the team has, maintain or acquire the suitable skills in order to conduct the activities and fulfill the deliverables (which could include participations into trainings, tutoring or mentoring)
- Knowledge of control system architectures for nuclear reactors, both for safety I&C and conventional I&C. Knowledge of TXS and Siemens SPPA T2000 (TXP) technologies will be highly appreciated,
- Knowledge of international standards and regulations (like IEC 61513, 61508, 60880, 60780 etc.) to meet the requirements of the IAEA and the various European safety authorities,
- Masters the principles of systems engineering, particularly the down-flow and the up-flow of the V cycle, including aspects of traceability and verification and validation of requirements.
- Engineering degree (general or electrical and automation),
- Specialising in the nuclear field
- From 5 to 15 years in the field of I&C system design and validation
- On site/project experience or in I&C factory testing / System validation with knowledge of TXS and TXP technologies being a plus
- I&C design and architecture
- Testing, verification and validation and associated tools
- Masters international I&C standards
- Ability to work in a team, or to technically lead / mentor a team
- Knowledge of Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) operation / design rules
- Knowledge of associated safety issues
- English (B2 / C1): writing and speaking
- Russian, German, Finnish, French are considered as advantages
- Appetite for training and knowledge transfer,
- Good communication and customer interface management
- Good synthesis ability