We are looking for Nuclear Safety & Licensing Engineers to work for our client, one of the world’s largest engineering players for energy, water, and infrastructure projects.
For one of our clients in Belgium, we are currently looking for multiple Nuclear Safety & Licensing Engineers with nuclear industry experience and fluency in French or Dutch to work on multiple nuclear power plants and to offer their expertise in licensing, regulatory compliance support, and safety assessment. This role will be based in Brussels and can be open to different experience levels.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Safety Officer function within projects: assure the proper consideration of nuclear licensing and safety aspects in studies/projects; establish and manage safety requirements, analyze and ensure compliance with safety requirements, organize safety reviews, contacts with Safety Authorities;
- Assistance to the client’s nuclear licensing process, including the establishment of associated documents such as PSAR and FSAR (preliminary and final safety assessment report);
- Safety analysis and assessment, e.g.: classification & qualification requirements with respect to safety functions and items important to safety, radiological consequences studies, internal and external hazards studies including the definition of the load case, determination of PIE’s (postulated initiating events), and DBA’s (design basis accidents), statistical setpoint studies;
- Coordinating and coaching younger colleagues (in case of senior profiles).
- Master degree in Engineering;
- Good knowledge of all technical disciplines within the nuclear domain, enabling you to discuss on safety aspects related to these disciplines;
- Different levels of experience will be considered, with the general nuclear safety approach and general nuclear licensing preferably within the French or Belgian licensing process;
- Fluency in French or in Dutch on a professional level, and good knowledge of English;
- You have a critical and inquiring mind, you are dynamic, rigorous and pragmatic;
- Team player with the capacity to develop personal contacts, thanks to your facilitating skills and mature, diplomatic communication;
- You are able to write position papers and synthesis reports as well as clear safety positions and argumentation;
- You have demonstrated capability in coordinating and coaching a team of younger engineers;
- You have the capacity to assume responsibilities and to take initiative;
- You are able to work autonomously.