We are currently looking for a Nuclear Safety & Licensing Engineer who speaks either native level Dutch or French with fluency in English.
As a Nuclear Safety & Licensing Engineer, you will work in several of the following domains:
• Safety Officer function within projects: assure the proper consideration of nuclear licensing and safety aspects in studies/projects; establish safety requirements, analyse and ensure compliance with safety requirements, organisation of safety reviews, contacts with Safety Authorities;
• Assistance to the client’s nuclear licensing process, including the establishment of associated documents such as PSAR and FSAR (preliminary and final safety assessment report);
• Safety analysis and assessment, e.g.: classification & qualification requirements with respect to safety functions and items important to safety, radiological consequences studies, internal and external hazards studies including definition of the load case, determination of PIE’s (postulated initiating events) and DBA’s (design basis accidents), statistical setpoint studies.
• Master degree in Engineering, preferably in Nuclear Science
• Knowledge of all technical disciplines to the extent permitting you to discuss on safety aspects related to these disciplines;
• Experience in nuclear, general nuclear safety approach, general nuclear licensing knowledge or one of the above mentioned domains constitute further assets (but the position is also open for junior profiles with less experience);
• Fluent in Dutch and/or French and English;
• Critical mind, dynamic, rigorous and pragmatic;
• Able to write position papers and synthesis reports; you are able to write clear safety positions and argumentation;
• A good listener, communicator and able to work autonomously.
Please send you application to email@example.com or call Helene Douchet on +31 20 622 5889 or +33 1 84 88 80 00 for an informal discussion on this or other opportunities.
Thomas Thor Associates is a recruitment and consulting organisation dedicated to the nuclear industry. We recruit for roles in nuclear new build, operations, decommissioning, research and waste management and our clients include nuclear regulators, operators, engineering companies and research organisations.