For one of our clients in Belgium, we are looking for an expert to join the Safety Department. The department has expertise in a variety of areas relating to Safety and Licensing, including Safety Culture, Regulations, Safety Implementation, Safety Case. This role is to be based in Brussels.
Your main responsibility will be to offer your expertise in licensing, regulatory compliance support and safety assessment.
As a Nuclear Safety & Licensing Expert, you will work in several of the following domains:
- Safety Officer function within projects: assure the proper consideration of nuclear licensing and safety aspects in studies/projects; establish safety requirements, analyse and ensure compliance with safety requirements, organisation of safety reviews, contacts with Safety Authorities;
- Assistance to the client’s nuclear licensing process, including the establishment of associated documents such as PSAR and FSAR (preliminary and final safety assessment report);
- Safety analysis and assessment, e.g.: classification & qualification requirements with respect to safety functions and items important to safety, radiological consequences studies, internal and external hazards studies including definition of the load case, determination of PIE’s (postulated initiating events) and DBA’s (design basis accidents), statistical setpoint studies.
- As a Safety expert you give guidance and coach the junior safety engineers.
- You have a master degree in Engineering. A degree in Nuclear Science constitutes a further asset;
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the nuclear sector and Nuclear Safety environment;
- You are a “generalist”, having knowledge of all technical disciplines to the extent permitting you to discuss on safety aspects related to these disciplines;
- Experience in nuclear, general nuclear safety approach, general nuclear licensing knowledge or one of the above mentioned domains constitute further assets (but the position is also open for junior profiles with less experience);
- You are fluent in English and have good knowledge of Dutch and/or French
- You have a critical and inquiring mind, you are dynamic, rigorous and pragmatic;
- You are able to write position papers and synthesis reports; you are able to write clear safety positions and argumentation;
- You have the capacity to assume responsibilities and to take initiatives;
- You are able to work autonomously.